Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 CR-Z Manual with ABS and VSA errors showing. Pulling codes shows a 52-1 ABS Motor stuck error. On the chance that it was a low battery problem, we've tried to clear the error using the procedure described in some threads here with shorting across a couple of the ODBC pins and doing the tapdance for ABS and VSA.

That was unsuccessful. We were also unsuccessful in clearing the DTC with a Foxwell scan tool that can read and display the code. It offers to clear it but does not succeed.

From here we went to the procedures described in the service manual. Fuses look good but when we test for voltage on pin 2 of the 32 pin VSA Control unit connector we don't get any. In fact the pin shows continuity with ground. The manual says that this indicates a need to "Repair an open in the wire between the No. B58 (MTR) (30A) fuse in the under dash fuse/relay box and the VSA modulator control unit"

Has anyone seen this issue? The description is clear but it seems like such an unlikely fault. Beyond that, I'm not sure how/where to trace it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seems entirely plausible so I would investigate why there is no voltage at the stated pin.
Replace fuses with known good ones would be a start.
Wire/connector corrosion is certainly possible.
Thanks,

That's what we'll be doing. The fuse looks and tests fine but there's no reason not to try a new one. It seems like the fuse should be burnt if there actually is a short to ground in that line. Of course if the line is fully broken it could be shorted on the engine side and not on the fusebox side. I'm poring over the manual hoping to find a wiring diagram that would show me the possibilities for where that might happen. I'll also try a continuity test from the fusebox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts