Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when i started my car, i had check VSA and check hill start assist system light on. I tried to read code with obd2 tool but nothing comes up as well as disconnecting the battery wont clear the message.
I am on t1r springs and aftermarket rims. Any idea what might be wrong and how i can reset these lights? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine reacted really weird today.. I had the starter go on when I started my car WTF, Cruse control not working, Engine light on, VSA check light on, Hill assist check indicator on and I found out the Horn fuse was out so I changed it and all the lights went away....
I guess Honda is not used to 1000 sensors working together

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
I've had weird things happen when something as simple as a splitter was plugged into the cigarette lighter. The CR-Z electrical system can be very sensitive to anything aftermarket connected to it and it can be very intermittent. It can be possible that something you did months ago is causing it to act up. I have gotten similar MID warnings when I was using a 12V splitter and I have not seen them again since I removed it.

·
BANNED
3,501 Posts
I've had weird things happen when something as simple as a splitter was plugged into the cigarette lighter. The CR-Z electrical system can be very sensitive to anything aftermarket connected to it and it can be very intermittent. It can be possible that something you did months ago is causing it to act up. I have gotten similar MID warnings when I use using a 12V splitter and I have not seen them again since I removed it.
This 100%.

·
Registered
419 Posts
So almost 85% of the time i drive in sport mode with the traction control off, what can i say, i like spinning my tires from time to time. Anywho, last night i was driving home and it was wet out and i was coming to a stop, so i downshifted from second to first maybe a little to harsh, not really harsh at all but as i downshifted and was reengaging the clutch i hit a good sized pot hole at the exact same time. As i hit the clunk of the pot hole my VSA light came on as well as my Check Hill Assist. Now traction control was unresponsive and my throttle wasn’t as sharp. Now i was also low on gas at the time, about 10 miles left on my range. I was so concerned about the MIL's that i didn’t even go and get gas. This morning i started her up and it was still on. I disconnected the battery and waited about 45 seconds and the light was still on. I went and filled up the tank and started her back up and it was STILL on. Maybe now that i have gas i should disconnect the battery again. But if that doesn’t work does anyone else have any ideas?? My horn works also so it can’t be the fuse.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
So almost 85% of the time i drive in sport mode with the traction control off, what can i say, i like spinning my tires from time to time. Anywho, last night i was driving home and it was wet out and i was coming to a stop, so i downshifted from second to first maybe a little to harsh, not really harsh at all but as i downshifted and was reengaging the clutch i hit a good sized pot hole at the exact same time. As i hit the clunk of the pot hole my VSA light came on as well as my Check Hill Assist. Now traction control was unresponsive and my throttle wasn’t as sharp. Now i was also low on gas at the time, about 10 miles left on my range. I was so concerned about the MIL's that i didn’t even go and get gas. This morning i started her up and it was still on. I disconnected the battery and waited about 45 seconds and the light was still on. I went and filled up the tank and started her back up and it was STILL on. Maybe now that i have gas i should disconnect the battery again. But if that doesn’t work does anyone else have any ideas?? My horn works also so it can’t be the fuse.
Armchair mechanic here, but could the pothole have been bad enough to actually damage something (sensor, maybe)?
If you had just confused the computer, I would have guessed that pulling the battery would have fixed it.
My guess is that the fuel situation had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I haven't really scrutinized anywhere yet but it could be something simple. Ill check tonight when I won't look like an idiot with my hood open in the parking lot.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had this light turn on number of times over last 3 years of driving this vehicle, Most of the time it went away in a day or two (including when I miss downshifted to 2nd gear doing 100km/h and over revved to 8.5k rpm.....). and sometimes 3~4 days (when I left my window open and poured, disabling my passenger side seat airbag).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes today and both lights are still coming up. I also checked the VSA fuses and they look fine, does anybody think it could be one of my reservoirs not being full? Come on people throw me some ideas!

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Ok I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes today and both lights are still coming up. I also checked the VSA fuses and they look fine, does anybody think it could be one of my reservoirs not being full? Come on people throw me some ideas!
Reservoirs have their own lights.
VSA is pretty specific.
No brake light on, right? (Explanation mark or ABS light)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nope, just VSA and Hill Assist....it might be another fuse, theres a couple of them for the VSA but i was reading an RSX forum about the same issue and their brake fluid reservoir was low and that was the source of their problem. Idk, i guess ill really have to check every fuse or just take it to the stealership. I hate not being able to diagnose my own car problems.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
That is why I asked about brake light.
Low fluid, or faulty wheel speed sensor would likely trigger one or other.
But I don't know how the CR-Z is set up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know lol. If i ever figure it out ill let you know. Thanks man.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
I'll check service manuals tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now, though. Tough week, and the horses want to be fed at 5AM, regardless!
If I learn anything, you'll be the first to know.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not sure if this applies to your specific problem, but I got these two errors when I put the rear diffuser lights in my car. They were wired correctly and ran fine during the day. After 10-20 minutes of driving with my headlights on though, I got these two errors. I disconnected the lights and just kept the reflectors and I haven't gotten the warning light since. So in my case it was purely electrical. A bad ground might have been a possibility, maybe something of yours came loose?

Does your car drive differently with these errors? In my case it would sometimes charge very aggressively. In Sport on the highway I would let off the accelerator and my regen bar would bounce to full and the car would jerk accordingly. I can live with a warning light but this kind of behavior didn't seem safe to drive with.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can't think of ANYTHING. I did my LED door sills over a month ago too and nothing new since. This blows. Although honestly, I feel like the car is better. Like smoother and not as jerky. Its very strange.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.