Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i LOVE the finish on those wheels. IMO what makes volk special is that they not only make nice wheels but they continue to push the envelope on finishes.

those wheels are a definite win.

did you get the stickers with the wheels? they complete the look well IMO

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i LOVE the finish on those wheels. IMO what makes volk special is that they not only make nice wheels but they continue to push the envelope on finishes.

those wheels are a definite win.

did you get the stickers with the wheels? they complete the look well IMO
+1. amazing finish.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the compliments! no center caps available from Volks, go figure.... gonna take them to a local machine shop and see if i can have some custom made.

regarding wider, next width was an 8 1/2". figured the tires would start looking stretched, which is not a look i am into.
going with 215/45 tires.

stickers are in the boxes. gonna wait until the tires are installed before i decide to put them on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i installed the OEM TPMS units last night. the volks came with anodized red valve stems. i was able to use the OEM TPMS unit with the red washer, nut and cap. i'll take pics once i get the tires installed. due to holiday travel and business travel, it's gonna be a couple of weeks before i can get the tires installed..... bummer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got them installed today. will take pics soon.

good news, i weighed the 17" volks with continental extremecontact DS tires (215/45/17) total weight rim and tire 35.5 lbs. OEM 16" rims with OEM 16" tires weighed 35.5 lbs rim and tire combo. so, i added an inch of rim and a wider tire with NO unsprung weight gain! TPMS monitors included in these weights.

Sweet!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.