Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are not yet familiar with Evans Tuning, we are an EFI Tuning shop located in Mt. Bethel, Pennsylvania. Aside from tuning, developing parts, building engines, and all of the other things we do here, we enjoy drag racing and have had a shop race car for many years.

This year, during World Cup Finals @ MIR, the Evans Tuning Race Car was able to set the record in the True Street Class and also became the first to run an 8-second pass in the class. Unfortunately, after the record-setting pass down the track the car became light in the rear and was totaled when it hit the wall.

We are rebuilding a new car for the 2012 season.

Here's the in-car video from the event:

A picture of the damage:

The time-slip:

About Evans Tuning.
Evans Tuning is a premier EFI Tuning shop located in Mt. Bethel, Pennsylvania. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service, the best parts, and the best tuning available in the automotive industry. Visit us at Evans Tuning - Dyno Tuning, eTuning, Aftermarket Parts, Fabricaton

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I heard the skinnies locked up after braking when he felt the rear lift after the parachut was released. Thankfully it happened after you passed the quarter lol it's one of the bitter sweet situations.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Maximum respect for you guys as racers. So sorry for the loss, but as a racer, I see you are more proud about the record run than the loss of the car!

But what's up with a 0.639 reaction time?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This pass was a qualifier. R/T was somewhat irrelevant so Jeff was focused on other things. This was also the first pass off the trailer at this event.

It's tough to lose a car (especially with that much time invested) but if it's going to happen...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damned close call with the other lane. Definitely looks like the rear lifted as he hit the chute. Ive seen this happen before when the chute deployed before the driver was on the brakes. Also seen it with a poorly setup chute mount as well.

Im sure you guys will have it squared away for its reincarnation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts