Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vibration that seems to be coming from the dash area left of the steering wheel. I am unable to determine the exact cause. I am hoping that someone else had this issue and knows the solution. It is most noticeable at lower speeds on rougher surface roads. I appreciate any information anyone has to offer.;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like the same noise I've had for a little while now. I am pretty sure mine is the switch on the steering wheel for the bluetooth handsfree. Next time you hear the noise try putting a little pressure on the side of that switch.

I'm curious now to see if maybe someone else had the issue. I'm taking mine in later this month and am going to have the dealer fix it then.

·
Registered
807 Posts
If it's like a buzzing sound, I get it sometimes too from the same region. Seems normal?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm having this problem too, it is really annoying. Seems to be a common problem. Off to dealer tomorro. Will see what they say

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still have not had time to take it to the dealer to get checked out. I will definitely post the fix if I get one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also seem to have this issue. Sometimes the vibration stops if I touch the air vent or the shiny black area around the driving mode buttons.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This might sound crazy, but try adjusting the seats, back and forward and tilt back and forth. I had a buzzing in the passenger's area, and I adjusted the seat tilt up a little and it stopped. Was driving me nuts for a couple days.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on my vibration. Now that I actually have the time to take it to the dealer the vibration has stopped. I now wonder if it is temperature related, as the warm weather here is definitely over.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Up till today I never had any sound or noises. It was like 40 degrees this morning and I noticed a strange noise also. When it warmed up in the sun in the middle of the day it went away and tonight its 36 degrees and what do you know the noise is back.

It seems to come from the left dash area. Rattle or squeak. Its hard to say its a rat-squeak. Ya that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Old car audio system tuning trick:

Go to AmpGuts.com and download their free subwoofer test tones. 15hz, 20 hz, 25hz, and so on... They go all the way up to 99hz and on... But the DEEP bass tones that play for 8 seconds, then repeat. Load them on your Ipod or Thumb Drive and play them through your stereo. Good way to find out what frequency (or frequencies) are making or are going to make stuff in your car buzz and rattle; and helps you "chase down buzzes and rattles (you can even get out and walk around the car; poke your head in and out to investigate different areas). You'd be surprised how much this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't believe it's temperature-related... The only times I've heard it is when I'm going against the wind, and it's a strong wind gust. I heard it a bunch on Friday afternoon on the way home... 60 degrees out, going 65 MPH west/northwest, with head-on wind gusts of 25-30+ MPH.

I still can't put a finger on where exactly the sound is coming from... it's definitely in the front part of the car... don't know if it's from around the windshield, behind the dash, or if it might be a door seal.

It's definitely something vibrating though...

·
Registered
44 Posts
my vibrating noise has been fixed, it was where dash met the windscreen. fixed under warranty. another possibility for all other sufferers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it definitely is affected by the temperature. We had an unseasonably warm 62 degrees here yesterday and the noise was back. I guess I will be going to the dealer this spring. It is also related to the road surface. The street I live on it is the most noticeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you handle this whit the dealership? I have like 3 areas that are driving me insane. I also have the extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts