Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was about time I made a build thread for all you English speakers as well. So far I've only had one on the Norwegian Honda forums. So here goes!

She's a 2011 EDM GT 6mt purchased in October 2010. I managed to to keep her stock almost 6 months, if you don't count wheels :p Although that was mostly due to it being winter. We've come a long way since then.

Exterior:
JDP front lip
J's Racing grill painted Crystal Black Pearl
Revozport RR-Style Carbon fiber hood
OEM Honda Side "skirts"
OEM Honda tailgate spoiler
OEM Honda Crystal Black Pearl hatch trim
OEM Honda carbon effect diffuser
HID converted fogs 3000K and yellow tint

Interior:
FD2 Type R shift knob
CF vinyl wrap chrome delete
LED interior lights from IJDMTOY

Under the hood:
Takeda v2 Intake
Basis Edition GE8 Intake Chamber
PW:JDM Blue dress-up kit
GT Haus Meisterschaft GTC exhaust

Suspension:
Cusco Front Strut Tower Brace
Cusco Front Under Brace v2
Cusco Rear Sway bar
Spoon Rigid Collar kit (Waiting install)

Wheels and Tires:
Summer - RAYS Gram Lights 57Ultimate SC 17x7" +43 with 215/40 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Winter - 16" Stockies with Michelin IceX 205/55
Track - Mega Rotera 16x7" +47 with Toyo Proxes R888 215/50

Some pictures from last season
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda cr-z Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda cr-z Race track

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Honda cr-z

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Autocross Auto racing

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

And a pic of the rear hatch as well

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :) I will hopefully have more pictures as soon as this snow clears out, and with all the JDP stuff mounted as well. I have to say I really love that 3rd picture, where you can just see the tires smoking :p

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet it's just the wind blowing with some sand :rotfl:
Just kidding Varg, i love that pic. And what nice drls you have.
Wouldn't you agree Art?
Hehe, my tires were screaming at me that day. It was so damn hot I slept in the car with the aircon on between my laps.

And stop teasing Art, poor guy. Besides, the LEDs look far better when it's a bit darker :hiding:

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
All lights are played out and overrated. I hate lights of any sort, but especially on cars. The less lights, the better.

:pP: Looking good though. Was actually wondering about your hood. Is it a 1x1 or 2x2? And are the vents functional on it?

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
car looks awesome varg! do you have to pay taxes on the performance increases?
Thanks. Anything above 10% increase is taxed exponentially. The increase would have to be proven though.

All lights are played out and overrated. I hate lights of any sort, but especially on cars. The less lights, the better.

:pP: Looking good though. Was actually wondering about your hood. Is it a 1x1 or 2x2? And are the vents functional on it?
LOL! ;) The hood is from Revozport. It is a Mugen RR "replica". 2x2 weave on top with UV coat and frp under. Uses OEM lock and the vents are only for show. I plan on modding them so they do work though :)

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hoping to be able to keep up with the BMWs on the track this season. Though they do have some crazy drivers doing most of the work. After last season I talked to some of the veterans and they recommended I go over to slicks. Will see how it goes. Next race is the 29th this month!

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really got to take the car for a ride over a mountain pass this evening, sports mode and revs flying. Great fun! :D I can't help but feel that my brakes are weak though. So I am looking for something to improve brake performance overall, but still be usable with 16" stock rims and not be useless at below 0 deg Celsius weather.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Upgrade the pads then? Project MU? Must've been nice taking her out for a stretch i can imagine :vtec:
Was fun. Nothing like playing on mountain roads when the weather is warm and the sun is up. Best part is, I don't even need to break the speed limit. 80km/h speed limit with recommended speed in the turns at 30km/h :thumbup: A bit annoyed that I left my GoPro at home though.

Just upgrading the pads enough you think? Guess that is the cheapest to try out as well. But I will need somewhat durable pads, as I DD the car as well.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.