Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my base CRZ only comes with a driver side mirror. Consequently, now my girlfriend always has to twist the rearview mirror incase she ever needs to check something. I know that the crz ex came with both driver and passenger side mirrors.

what I am wondering if the passenger sunvisor w/ mirror from the ex is a direct install in place of the passenger sunvisor w/o mirror on the base. I almost went ahead and did that until i realized that the driver side visor/mirror has a different part number between the base and ex which led me to believe that maybe (or maybe not) the ex may have illuminated mirrors.

Long story short, can someone with a US model EX let me know whether the mirrors are illuminated or not, please?

Thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
In most cases with cars that have very little differnce like the base and the EX do they all have the same wireing harness so you probibily are pre-wirde. Expecialy since the wiring runs inside the roof and not the liner. To take off the visor get a small screw driver and on the front side of the pivit attacment you will see a small hole. Push the screw driver in until the visor drops. If you are pre-wired I would do a swap with you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
maybe a stupid question - but can't the OP just have the illuminated mirror function as a regular mirror? Wouldn't that look better than some sort of clip on or stick on aftermarket mirror?
OP could, the wiring is only to turn the lights on, but if it where me I would not want the lights on it as they would never light up and then it would look broken.

·
Registered
609 Posts
True, Eagle f90, but I've got the clip-on mirror on the passenger side of one of my older cars, and I guess I would do anything to avoid that look. Maybe there are some decent aftermarket ones that are of more recent vintage?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not sure if any look better but what you could do if your good with wires and electricy is get an the stock one from an EX and wire it up to a 9V battery, hid the battery, and replace the lights with LEDs. If you get the right LEDs they will look stock, produce enough light, and not draw much power. You could even do up a swtich to turn it on and off so you dont go through batteries as much.

·
Registered
609 Posts
great idea - I've got a base model like OP and hadn't actually considered the vanity mirror (have only had a passenger in the car maybe twice so far), but I'll give this some thought and keep my eyes open for LED's. It would be a nice mod for the few times you do have someone else in the car.

·
Registered
689 Posts
great idea - I've got a base model like OP and hadn't actually considered the vanity mirror (have only had a passenger in the car maybe twice so far), but I'll give this some thought and keep my eyes open for LED's. It would be a nice mod for the few times you do have someone else in the car.
You could also fish a wire from the hole for the pasenger side to the drivers side and splice in for ground and power, get EX model splice into the quick disconect and then you have it working like normal off the car battery.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
or as stated earlier, i can just get an ex mirror and not have functional lights, not a big deal.

the non-pre-wired situation is not a deal breaker, it would've been nice to have it functional but not a big problem. the clip on mirrors look horrible, to be honest and that's why i wanted to avoid that by all means. most likely i'll just get a passenger side visor from the ex and have that in my car. when the lease is up, put the original visor in place and sell the ex visor on ebay or something.

thanks for all the feedback :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
or as stated earlier, i can just get an ex mirror and not have functional lights, not a big deal.

the non-pre-wired situation is not a deal breaker, it would've been nice to have it functional but not a big problem. the clip on mirrors look horrible, to be honest and that's why i wanted to avoid that by all means. most likely i'll just get a passenger side visor from the ex and have that in my car. when the lease is up, put the original visor in place and sell the ex visor on ebay or something.

thanks for all the feedback :)
NP, jsut give you all the different options you can go with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.