Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys! First timer here!
Thinking of getting a used 2011 HONDA CR-Z CVT with 75k miles on it for 8000$
Any suggestions on what should I look for? What should I check before buying it?
What are the things that might fail in the near future?

The seller says that he changed the oil and filters every 4 thousand miles, and he also changed the front brake pads to TRW.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I am a first timer here too. Recently I started looking at the CRZ because I was always a huge CRX lover. But I never got a chance to get one. Now I’m considering the CRZ but since they’re discontinued I have to buy it used. I also want to know about them and what I have to look for. The hybrid thing is what I am a little bit concerned about. If it was just straight up gas I would totally buy one right away. I’ve had three Honda Civic’s in my life and they’ve all been amazing. My current civic that’s 2006 has over 400,000 km. Still runs awesome. It was purchased brand new. So anyone who can give any feedback about the CRZ would be awesome! Now I’m considering the CRZ but since they’re discontinued I have to buy it used. I also want to know about them and what I have to look for. The hybrid thing is what I am a little bit concerned about. If it was just straight up gas I would totally buy one right away. I’ve had three Honda Civic‘s in my life and they’ve all been amazing. My current civic that’s 2006 has over 400,000 km. Still runs awesome. It was purchased brand new. So anyone who can give any feedback about the CRZ would be awesome

·
Super Moderator
6,098 Posts
There are 100s of postings about this but let me make this simple. Forget it is a hybrid. No one here has changed the Hybrid(IMA) battery yet. The CR-Z is extremely reliable and can go 100s of thousands of miles and requires very little maintenance. The biggest thing to remember is this is not a car that can sit .You need to drive it at least 30 minutes a month on a continuous drive for the health of the IMA battery and the under hood battery.

If you want to buy one just make sure you have it checked out. All used cars are one of one.

Please wander this forum and you will find that for the most part we all love this little car.
Here are two threads to get you started on your education.

Thank you for posting this. I am a first timer here too. Recently I started looking at the CRZ because I was always a huge CRX lover. But I never got a chance to get one. Now I’m considering the CRZ but since they’re discontinued I have to buy it used. I also want to know about them and what I have to look for. The hybrid thing is what I am a little bit concerned about. If it was just straight up gas I would totally buy one right away. I’ve had three Honda Civic’s in my life and they’ve all been amazing. My current civic that’s 2006 has over 400,000 km. Still runs awesome. It was purchased brand new. So anyone who can give any feedback about the CRZ would be awesome! Now I’m considering the CRZ but since they’re discontinued I have to buy it used. I also want to know about them and what I have to look for. The hybrid thing is what I am a little bit concerned about. If it was just straight up gas I would totally buy one right away. I’ve had three Honda Civic‘s in my life and they’ve all been amazing. My current civic that’s 2006 has over 400,000 km. Still runs awesome. It was purchased brand new. So anyone who can give any feedback about the CRZ would be awesome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I second the "forget it's a hybrid" 1st timer with the 2011 CRZ since May 2020 And after a while. You do forget it's a hybrid. Drives and behaves just like any other car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking good !
so if you look closer at the rear windows, the rear wiper is missing. I’m trying to purchase a CRZ as well and the rear wiper is missing as well. Any one know why the dealer just took them off ? Any particular reason ?

·
Super Moderator
6,098 Posts
Some countries there was no rear wiper at all. if you are buying a car where rear wiper is missing but the motor is there like this one and the one you are looking at then they should replace it before you buy it. You don't know what else is wrong other than missing the arm and blade.

Although many that have fully functional rear wipers remove them.

Looking good !
so if you look closer at the rear windows, the rear wiper is missing. I’m trying to purchase a CRZ as well and the rear wiper is missing as well. Any one know why the dealer just took them off ? Any particular reason ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts