Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I have given this a lot of thought... and there isn't really a good answer. It depends on how you like to listen to your music. The player will only see 2 levels of folders.. deeper than that and it may or may not show the music. The Change Folders button appears to only work with the first level of folders (root). What I have been doing lately is creating a folder for each Genre on the root... and then putting individual artist folders under that. That way I can choose a Genre and then Track List to to an Artist. With a lot of Artists, this is pretty slow though.

Check out the following on some other ways to do this:

Sorting Folders and Files on USB Flash Drive - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got my usb stick setup so that the unit can read from it, new problems.

directory structure is Artist/Album/*.mp3

1) Does not list directory structure, only lists folders with music in, such that I can't search / move between artists.

2) only the 1st 95 folders are identified by name, the remaining are visible and music will play from them but folder is asigned a number and no name.

I have UK spec GT with Nav.

Any thoughts/ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i just listen to mine on random :thumbsup:
I use one and LOVE it. And above is true. It's just easier than going back through all the menu when I want a different band/album.

Not sure if non-navi has USB. But with the navi, once on the Audio screen has a 'tracklist' button. Touch it to go into the current artist's album you're listening to. In the upper left corner there's a 'folder back' button. Use that to list all music. Touch what album you want to hear, then the track.

It's a bit clunky, but it really does work fine. Especially if you shuffle. You can shuffle within a single folder or through all folders.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Can you have something plugged into the AUX port and the USB port at the same time and be able to access them both ? I have my Sirius Stiletto 2 mounted in my car and I have it going into my AUX port. Can I have a USB memory stick connected and switch between USB and AUX ? or is it one or the other ?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Can you have something plugged into the AUX port and the USB port at the same time and be able to access them both ? I have my Sirius Stiletto 2 mounted in my car and I have it going into my AUX port. Can I have a USB memory stick connected and switch between USB and AUX ? or is it one or the other ?
You can have both connected and switch between them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question, but someone mentioned random play order with a USB flash drive. Is this option available in the non-Navi EX? I just tried my 8GB USB flash drive and it plays/sounds really well. However, I was just wondering how to get it to play the songs in a random order. I have a feeling this is not possible, at least not in the non-Navi.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does anyone have a 250 or 500 gig usb powered pocket hd that they could test in the Z to see if it will work.

Thx
I tried it, but couldn't get it to work. I attempted formatting the hard drive in a few different formats (NTFS, FAT32, etc.) but none of them worked. So I decided to go back to my 8g iPod Touch :angry: Too bad I have 47 gigs of music
:cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi. so can anyone clearly explain how to organise directories ?
how many levels of sub-dirs can be ?
how to format the key ? fat32 or exFat ?
I 've got the same problem as ants73 explain it on the first page:
the structure of the dirs dissapears.

Car is from Belgium, with on-board-navy.
thanks for helping.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.