Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get this impression?

Most the EU and asian CRZ reviews are LOVING this car, while the USDM reviews have been dismal to mediocre at best. Some praises even contradict the criticisms (asian/EU says the car handles well, yet motortrend US says the car's slalom is worse than a CRV (a small SUV) and skid pad scores are terrible). the same goes with mileage. The US 0-60 seems faster (8.8 vs 10s) on a drag strip.

I think all of this is due to the extra weight due to safety regulations hurting the USDM model. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well not sure about any power output/handling changes in the US model, but the 2 seat factor is a big one. I certainly couldn't have even considered this car if I couldn't fit my little'un in the back. The 2 seat thing is because of US safety laws btw, they insist on headrests which wouldn't fit in the back.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i don't think they changed anything else on the car other than the rear seats... and that's not enough weight to affect performance that much...

i think the US just sucks b/c they prefer big muscle go fast crap cars... they're reading into the numbers on the page rather the experience when you drive it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't think they changed anything else on the car other than the rear seats... and that's not enough weight to affect performance that much...

i think the US just sucks b/c they prefer big muscle go fast crap cars... they're reading into the numbers on the page rather the experience when you drive it...
The car is heavier isn't it, despite the removal of the back seats, weighing in at 2,550lbs. The JDM one is 2491lbs.

And about your second statement, it's not just speed. the JDM reviews praise gets great handling and agility, and doesn't feel like it weighs that much. In one of the videos, it had the fastest track time among 3 other cars, credited to handling since the 0-60 time it ranked #3. However in the USDM one, inside line said it handles worse than a CRV.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
JDM/EDM reviews also said that the car feels like it can go more but the high-econ tires seem to want to scream... maybe the USDM reviews meant to say this, but just didn't word it right and just blamed it on the handling of the car itself...

and as far as i know the weight is 2630lbs-6MT and 2710lbs-CVT... and i thought i remember that number was worldwide... the previous 25xx weight was the rumored weight b4 the actual spec release...

·
Registered
85 Posts
i think the US just sucks b/c they prefer big muscle go fast crap cars....
Yea... How bout it. People piss me off when they are so ignorant towards cars that aren't big 7 liter v8s that get 10mpg...

They need to :police: and pull their head out of their ass.

Even the new Mustang GT has been downsized to a V6 with 305hp.. Which I think is sawwweeet.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Yea... How bout it. People piss me off when they are so ignorant towards cars that aren't big 7 liter v8s that get 10mpg...

They need to :police: and pull their head out of their ass.

Even the new Mustang GT has been downsized to a V6 with 305hp.. Which I think is sawwweeet.
The reason being with no back seat for U.S. models is two factors- one, like someone mentioned, no room for headrests and the average size adult is unable to sit in the back with out hitting there head on the roof.

As far as V-8's go- I like them in certain vehicles and are a must in some. If I where to get the new Mustang, Camaro or Challenger I would have to get the V-8 out of tradition, to match performance with style and to get the most out of the vehicle. The new Camaro with a V-8 gets better gas mileage than my V-6 pick up along with the Corvette and the Mustang! Would you honestly put a 4 cylinder engine in a 57 Chevy Bel Air? Then there are the must haves for trucks. The Chevy Silverado get 3 MPH worse than my truck yet has 70 more H.P.

Lets look at some examples here on why those ignorant V-8 owners should be drawn and quartered.

1. If you have a truck and you are carrying a heavy load or towing something heavy and your going through traffic or up a hill, you will actually burn less gas and less emissions using a V-8 vs a V-6. That is because you have to use more throttle and fuel to use every bit of that V-6 to get its power to try to match the performance of a V-8. I know this for a fact towing my project cars.

2. Anybody that has a family with at least two kids that with your standard 4 cylinder, 4 door Civic loaded up for a trip to Disneyland or a weekend at Grandma's is virtually almost impossible. So what are those people supposed to do, rent or take two cars? How does that fit into the emissions/ fuel equation? My family lives with this dilemma. So there are time we take the Civic and the truck- thats 10 cylinders on the road and two vehicles where if we had an evil V-8 SUV to haul us and our gear, wouldn't that be less emissions, gallons of fuel used and congestion on the highway? Just going to the grocery store is a challenge. Granted we are going to probably get an Odyssey for our family but then again the MPG's are not that much different.

In conclusion, The whole "ignorant" and "Pull there head out of there ass!" comment is unnecessary and uncalled for and it "pisses me off" when people put down and degrade someone else for there opinion or likes with out being provoked and just cause and all it does is show there own ignorance. It just as stupid as that one fool on here that kept rambling about the CR-Z not being a race car or what ever his issue was- Muggen, something or another. Anyway, would you like it if I repeated some of the comments I heard from some of my friends when I told them I was thinking about the CR-Z? I don't let them get away with it either.

So please be considerate and respectful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.