Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this for my sunglasses, mostly. Not much room in it, but just handy for sunglasses. Curious, though...why have the lid not stay up? Safety issue? Unless your does, and there is something wrong with mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My mazda 6 had a "map compartment" like this but probably 3-4 times larger and it stayed open...
I thought it was a pretty strange thing too. Not really large enough to put anything in and doesn't stay open... I guess I'll start keeping my glasses in there too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think I'm the only one that likes the fact that the door automatically closes. I prop up my TomTom in there and let the door rest on top of it. Keeps it in place and I don't have to have it blocking part of my windshield with one of those suction cup things.

Almost like having the built-in nav :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
That is good to know, I have not goten new velcrow for my ezpass and have to hold it up each time. I will try it in the little compartment I never think about and see how well it gets picked up
No problems yet on I-90 exits, as well as any of the tolls I hit in PA - even the ones you go through at 50mph. I decided to try it after a friend of mine with a different kind of car has had no problems storing his pass in a similar area.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I also keep my sunglasses in there. I also wish it would stay open **OR** if it is going to close, at least close all of the way!!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Sunglasses, Registration/Insurance, Garage door opener. I kind of like the auto closing. But also wish it would close all the way...

·
Registered
376 Posts
^ That's quite a bit of stuff you put in there Scotty!!! I could only fit my sunglasses in there and it's full (Oakley). Agree on the auto closing and wish it close all the way.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ That's quite a bit of stuff you put in there Scotty!!! I could only fit my sunglasses in there and it's full (Oakley). Agree on the auto closing and wish it close all the way.
Ha, :rolleyes: Sun glasses are the little things you see in my avatar... My previous Navy issued Oxygen Breathing Apparatus (OBA) glasses that instead of retiring I put new lenses in. Small footprint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great Minds Think Alike

I think I'm the only one that likes the fact that the door automatically closes. I prop up my TomTom in there and let the door rest on top of it. Keeps it in place and I don't have to have it blocking part of my windshield with one of those suction cup things.

Almost like having the built-in nav :)
Exactly my thoughts and practises! :hi5:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I also keep my sunglasses in there. I also wish it would stay open **OR** if it is going to close, at least close all of the way!!
^ Sunglasses, Registration/Insurance, Garage door opener. I kind of like the auto closing. But also wish it would close all the way...
10-4 on that!
Ha, :rolleyes: Sun glasses are the little things you see in my avatar... My previous Navy issued Oxygen Breathing Apparatus (OBA) glasses that instead of retiring I put new lenses in. Small footprint.
I thought those where called "BC's"?!:pP::rotfl:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
10-4 on that!

I thought those where called "BC's"?!:pP::rotfl:
:rotfl: Amazing how that works. Yep when younger = definitely BC's = Now IMO kinda cool.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Ha, just for validation... :rolleyes: Yes, thumb is holding it up...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.