Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i went to the shop to check out the final finished piece of the intake.

Here is a pic of the short ram, remember this CAI is interchangeable :thumbsup:

Here is a pic of the full CAI.

I only installed the short ram today, tomorrow i'll finish up the rest of the intake and ill post pics. According to Jesse owner of turbo-kits.com these are soon to be available to purchase, and might be available in wrinkle black powder coating :thumbsup:

Pics of the full CAI:
FYI i changed the couplers to blue :) lol.

shot from underneath so you can see how nicely its tucked:

here is a short crappy video clip i took so you guys can here what it sounds like:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ gm3, everyone is subject to there own opinion. However, the intake proved to make a significant increase in power. It's simple and makes power, what more is there to ask for??

Either way, I'll be installing the rest of it today. I think the piece looks great, I don't think the pics do it justice. I'll post pics later maybe even a little video.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Sounded good. Tried to time it but kind of hard since you had to pull off the side onto the road. But, seemed closer to 9 seconds to 60???

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounded good. Tried to time it but kind of hard since you had to pull off the side onto the road. But, seemed closer to 9 seconds to 60???
idk id say at least 8 sec, i went from a slight roll before punching it and i think shifted into second to quickly lol bc it like haulted lol. when the catback comes in i'll try to get a nice legit video with both parts on and a legit 0-60 run. :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
idk id say at least 8 sec, i went from a slight roll before punching it and i think shifted into second to quickly lol bc it like haulted lol. when the catback comes in i'll try to get a nice legit video with both parts on and a legit 0-60 run. :thumbsup:
8 would be great.. Time to take the wife out for a date.. and convince the honey, I need to spend some mo money...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotta get this, idk if you ever saw the dyno results but the gains were nice and it feels great, seem as if it picked up more power the more i drive it, guess the ecu is recalibrating itself :). idk yet how they'll be prices, but def much less than the HKS.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^^ Though, I wonder what it would do for my CVT?? At any rate, listened to it again and man, what Hybrid 24K and under out there sounds and moves like that??

Answer = none, natta, double zeros, zilch...

Good job.. I'm definitely envious... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds promising. How does this compare to the HKS RSK?
it makes more power and its a full cold air intake in comparison to the HKS being only short ram, and if im not mistaken the pipe width is larger. its also interchangeable so, if your afraid to hydrolock in the winter time just take that bottom section off and make it a short ram. but honestly if you look at the pic of the underneath, its so nicely tucked you really dont have to worry about hydrolocking.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^ Though, I wonder what it would do for my CVT?? At any rate, listened to it again and man, what Hybrid 24K and under out there sounds and moves like that??

Answer = none, natta, double zeros, zilch...

Good job.. I'm definitely envious... :thumbsup:
wait for the exhaust :thumbsup: convince the wifey to let you get one :) i just dont tell my girl anything related to my car lol. and since shes never in it she doesn't really know :thumbsup:. shes already pretty upset bc i got this specifically for DD and nothing else, since im treating myself sometime this year to something really fast and plans of going 1000hp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
it makes more power and its a full cold air intake in comparison to the HKS being only short ram, and if im not mistaken the pipe width is larger. its also interchangeable so, if your afraid to hydrolock in the winter time just take that bottom section off and make it a short ram. but honestly if you look at the pic of the underneath, its so nicely tucked you really dont have to worry about hydrolocking.
makes more power? do you have an HKS dyno?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.