Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody. I hope y’all are safe. Please help... The “splash shield” underneath my CR-Z came off somewhere and could not find a replacement. I’m not really sure if splash shield is the name. Attached is a drawing-diagram I saw online (It’s the #8). I think it’s a plastic rubbery-type that is underneath by the front wheels, radiaitor and oil pan. And it was attached by clips. I think it came off because whoever changed the oil last time didn’t put in the clips correctly, I think. I only noticed it because I started feeling a windy vibration underneath, especially when I’m driving over 45 MPH. Anyway, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement and what exactly is it called? Thank you and happy CRuZing... -myk

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
260 Posts
hehehe

Looking online, most people call it an engine splash shield. I found a few for the 2011-2012 models. Not sure if they're the same for 2013 and newer models.

Also, keep in mind that it is held in by both plastic clips and screws with speed nuts.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Cover, Engine (LOWER)
(2011-2012) 74111-TM8-A00
(2013-2016) 74111-TM8-A10

I suspect there's not much difference between the years, but the earlier years are actually different part numbers.
You can check out this other post to get the fastener part numbers (they're listed as [oil change panel] in my description there.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Everybody. I hope y’all are safe. Please help... The “splash shield” underneath my CR-Z came off somewhere and could not find a replacement. I’m not really sure if splash shield is the name. Attached is a drawing-diagram I saw online (It’s the #8). I think it’s a plastic rubbery-type that is underneath by the front wheels, radiaitor and oil pan. And it was attached by clips. I think it came off because whoever changed the oil last time didn’t put in the clips correctly, I think. I only noticed it because I started feeling a windy vibration underneath, especially when I’m driving over 45 MPH. Anyway, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement and what exactly is it called? Thank you and happy CRuZing... -myk
This is for a 2011

This is for a 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have mine and could probably just send it you if you're in need of it. I took mine off permanently since I dislike the time it adds to oil changes, so it's just an ornament right now. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow morning, but there is a hole in the deepest part of the cover. Other than that.., just the OEM engine cover for my 2015 that presumably is a perfect match for yours..

·
Super Moderator
5,633 Posts
Why not get the valve and hose permanently(@litz mentioned it in this posting Do your own oil change?) installed on yours so you never have to remove that shield? I presume that shield provides some aerodynamic advantage and protects some parts under the car. @litz also mentioned that removing that panel makes other panels under the car flap in the wind and he knows much more about everything under and on his CR-Z than I do.

I think it is great that members here are willing to sell parts they no longer want to help other members out.:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I only removed the shield once and never re-installed it, same with the right fender shield (item #10 in OP's attached image). I didn't see a substantial downside to not having it there, so never felt the need. I do now clean the underside of the engine during oil changes though.

Here are the pieces I've removed. The hole isn't actually as big as I remembered, though it's still a hole.

The final image is the bag in where I keep the screws for the undercarriage. Plenty of them are damaged from my doing a poor job at removal. Some might even be missing, as the job was done even worse when I first did my own oil change and asked for help removing these. But I would send them along with the undercarriage regardless.

Major note is that I've never mailed anything out before.., so sending might be an involved process. Just a heads up.

I think it is great that members here are willing to sell parts they no longer want to help other members out.:)
It'd probably be selfish of me to not help. These parts are just collecting dust, except when I use them as floormats for tools. I only keep them in case I have to sell the car, but certainly willing to part if a fellow owner needs them more.

·
Super Moderator
5,633 Posts
The fender liner keeps splash down to a minimum and I had to have my drivers side replaced as part of my hit and run accident. Those shields are also sacrificial when you you over over something that might stick up. Better a piece of plastic than the other parts that hang down. I would replace the fender liner it keeps water away from the battery and other parts. To Be Honest I would reinstall them all but I am funny that way. I presume Honda put those shields on for a reason but to each their own.

The cost to ship maybe prohibitive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The fender liner keeps splash down to a minimum and I had to have my drivers side replaced as part of my hit and run accident. Those shields are also sacrificial when you you over over something that might stick up. Better a piece of plastic than the other parts that hang down. I would replace the fender liner it keeps water away from the battery and other parts. To Be Honest I would reinstall them all but I am funny that way. I presume Honda put those shields on for a reason but to each their own.

The cost to ship maybe prohibitive.
I understand where you're coming from and appreciate the help as always. As... "I'm listening, but not really" as this sounds though, I would rather keep it off for my own sake when it comes to oil changes and periodic undercarriage checks. The fender below the battery is actually still attached, only the opposite side was removed. Though I bet that doesn't make my case any better.

Anyway, the cost to ship is a good point since the pieces are pretty big.. I don't know if charges are based upon weight, height, etc.. I also wouldn't mind just driving them to OP if I'm close enough, but I know that could also be an issue in itself with social distancing and meeting strangers, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cover, Engine (LOWER)
(2011-2012) 74111-TM8-A00
(2013-2016) 74111-TM8-A10

I suspect there's not much difference between the years, but the earlier years are actually different part numbers.
You can check out this other post to get the fastener part numbers (they're listed as [oil change panel] in my description there.)
Thank you. I will order it. -myk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand where you're coming from and appreciate the help as always. As... "I'm listening, but not really" as this sounds though, I would rather keep it off for my own sake when it comes to oil changes and periodic undercarriage checks. The fender below the battery is actually still attached, only the opposite side was removed. Though I bet that doesn't make my case any better.

Anyway, the cost to ship is a good point since the pieces are pretty big.. I don't know if charges are based upon weight, height, etc.. I also wouldn't mind just driving them to OP if I'm close enough, but I know that could also be an issue in itself with social distancing and meeting strangers, etc.
Hi Lightdasher. Thank you for the offer and for the pictures of the parts. That's really kind of you to offer and I would've paid for it & for the shipping if there's no other places to get the parts. But I will order it from the Honda Parts link that @litz provided. Aalso, I see that you're in SC. My uncle lives in Sumter, SC, where we play golf some Summers. I’m in NY, and usually drive to The Villages, FL.
Thank you again. -myk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Omg mines came off earlier twice on the freeway today. Didn’t hit no speed bumps but as I was switching lanes going 55/60 I kept hearing a flappy noise but wasn’t sure if it was me or the car next to me.. sure enough it was me.. I got my oil changed last week from the Honda dealership I go to for maintenance and I’m pretty sure they forgot to put correctly or forgot to put clips in or else this would’ve happened to me long ago. Should I play it safe and just buy a new one with brand new clips & bumper clip or invest in the beat rush under panel, definitely mines definitely got chewed up from the road.

·
Super Moderator
5,633 Posts
Multiple options for this issue
1) Go to dealer and ask them to install the clips they left off if you still have the panel
2) Order a stock replacement and clips (Hondapartsnow.com) See @litz posting for part numbers or have dealership replace it at their expense since they left the clips loose.
3) Go for the Beatrush panel But remember every time car is serviced you take the chance the place doing the service will leave the clips/screws loose or off or the whole now more expensive panel. I have ordered parts from Honda CR-Z Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com and they are a joy to work with but some parts ordered from them took months to get. Beatrush Aluminum UnderPanel - Honda Fit GE8 and Honda CR-Z $281.20

Omg mines came off earlier twice on the freeway today. Didn’t hit no speed bumps but as I was switching lanes going 55/60 I kept hearing a flappy noise but wasn’t sure if it was me or the car next to me.. sure enough it was me.. I got my oil changed last week from the Honda dealership I go to for maintenance and I’m pretty sure they forgot to put correctly or forgot to put clips in or else this would’ve happened to me long ago. Should I play it safe and just buy a new one with brand new clips & bumper clip or invest in the beat rush under panel, definitely mines definitely got chewed up from the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts