Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fooki-Son Fabrication "ULTIMATE ARM RESTS"

Let's face it...we all love our CR-Zs, but the little car does have a few shortcomings when it comes to driver & passenger comfort. For me, the biggest complaint was the lack of an actual "arm rest" on the door panels. If you've taken long road trips (or just sat in traffic for long periods of time) you know that resting your elbow on the OEM door fabric gets quite irritating after a while. For most people, the OEM door panel "ledge" sits too low for your arm to sit comfortably. Now there is a solution...

Fooki-Son Fabrication's ULTIMATE ARM RESTS! :drool:

There are two different models available:

**Both Arm Rest Models are currently PATENT-PENDING**
The ALPHA Model

The ALPHA Model is a drop-in style armrest "insert" that is secured to the door by means of a tapered solid Maple plug that fits into the door panel's pull-handle "finger cup". The armrest is held-in by both gravity and friction.

The ALPHA Model requires NO modification to your car; so it's perfect for leased vehicles! It is totally removable for those times when you may not want it. Installation is a snap; just drop it in, lay your arm on it and enjoy! :thumbup:

ALPHA Models are available Driver's Side Only, or as a matching pair! Why shouldn't your Sweetheart ride in comfort too?

The BRAVO Model

The new BRAVO Models are smaller than the ALPHA Models, and are shaped to hug the contours and features of the door panel--while leaving the door-pull "finger cup" unobstructed.

BRAVO Models DOES require the drilling of 2 holes through the door panel "ledge" to secure them with the provided hardware.

BRAVO Models come with detailed written / pictorial instructions, all necessary attachment hardware and a positioning & drilling template--making it EASY for even the novice D.I.Y. car modder! :thumbup:

After the template is positioned, two holes are drilled through the door panel using the locations marked on the template. The armrest is positioned on the door panel, and the supplied hardware is installed from the door panel's back side.

Both the ALPHA and BRAVO Models are hand-crafted in the U.S.A. with meticulous craftsmanship, attention-to-detail and a passion for the Honda CR-Z! Our armrests are constructed using only the finest upholstery materials, highly-resilient upholstery foam and high-quality hardware.

Both models are tasteful, comfortable, and most of all they compliment the car's interior quite nicely. Users find that their elbow is now actually even with the other elbow on the OEM center console arm rest.

Both models are available upholstered in Black Micro-Suede, Dark Grey Micro-Suede, or a beautiful Black Vinyl that mimics the look, feel and sheen of the OEM leather-wrapped steering wheel.

PRICING:

ALPHA Models:

-Driver's side only $60.00
-Driver & Passenger sides: $120.00

BRAVO Models:

-Driver's side only: $55.00
-Driver and Passenger sides: $110.00

*Prices INCLUDE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to anywhere in the continental United States, and includes Delivery Confirmation, Tracking, and Insurance!

(Prices have been slightly adjusted recently to offset actual shipping costs)

*We will gladly ship to overseas customers as well, PM me for a final price.

*We accept PayPal as a fast and easy form of payment.

*These armrests are MADE-TO-ORDER. We will begin fabrication of your armrest(s) after we recieve your payment. Each armrest takes 3-4 hours to fabricate, so there may be a wait time of up to a week or so prior to shipment.

If you are interested in ordering an armrest, send me a PM. Please include your Real Name in your PM and with your PayPal payments!

Thanks again to all our customers! :grin:

--Rob & Chris (SS2CRZ & Talk2MeGoose)

·
Registered
24 Posts
MINE SHIPPED TODAY! Just got a pm from SS. so far fantastic customer service and communication! Will post pics when i throw it on!! EXCLAMATION POINT

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rob,

The Driver's side Alpha model arrived yesterday. Opened it today. It took longer to open the USPS box and unwrap than to install. Superb quality and fit. To repeat a foregoing comment and compliment, it looks OEM, if not better IMO. Wish I had it foe my trip to Birmingham, AL last year. Sorry, no pics; I'll try later. Thanks, Rob, for a five-star job of combining top quality materials with professional workmanship. The hard maple plug is a great choice as it will not expand or contract significantly with weather variations as would say pine or other more porous wood species. Again thanks for a great product at a great price.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, thanks!

Rob,

The Driver's side Alpha model arrived yesterday. Opened it today. It took longer to open the USPS box and unwrap than to install. Superb quality and fit. To repeat a foregoing comment and compliment, it looks OEM, if not better IMO. Wish I had it foe my trip to Birmingham, AL last year. Sorry, no pics; I'll try later. Thanks, Rob, for a five-star job of combining top quality materials with professional workmanship. The hard maple plug is a great choice as it will not expand or contract significantly with weather variations as would say pine or other more porous wood species. Again thanks for a great product at a great price.
I'm so glad you like it, Sir! :usa:

And thanks so much for the great review and kind words. It really means a lot!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My driver side alpha also arrived this afternoon. Fantastic product, like posted above, it really does take longer to open than to install. What a great upgrade though! My arm just thoughtlessly fall onto it. i also posted this before, but top notch customer service. constant communication from start to finish.

Ill def be ordering the passenger side in a week or so.

I took a pic but of course, it started to rain, so itll have to wait for another day (thank you most random wisconsin winter ever)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad you like it! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I installed mine a couple weeks ago and just got back from a 3000 miles in 5 days trip. The armrests were a great addition. I carpool to work and my passenger did not realize the armrests aren't OEM. That is what I like. Subtle improvements. Thanks again!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got my Girlfriend a set of Alphas and they're awesome. So much more comfortable on longer trips. No more patters ingrained into my arms after hour+ drives too. Not that her Z is highly modified but this has gotta be the best mod EVAR! Big ups to Rob and company. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome!

Thanks again! I'm glad you and her both love them. Another happy customer! :dancing:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just wanted to chime in as well SS2 must have a PHD in packaging because these things were SAFE in that box.

The materials are top notch as is the build quality. I'll snap a picture later I'm with the chickey's family.

Thanks for making your personal project available to us bud!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts