Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

I have found that my headlight (driver side) is faulty, that's why my led is not working properly. I need to know where I can find a xenon headlight with LED below for USA model CR-Z. Y2015. I cannot find anywhere. Ecept hondartsnow.com. Does anyone have used one, but original?

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
Hondapartsnow.com is where I would order one. Or google search the part number I posted above (33151-SZT-A31) For used look here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts but I do not know if they ship internationally. Check Rockauto as they do ship internationally check other years than yours there.Rock Auto does not list the HID headlights only the Halogen( for base CR-Zs) and even those for multiple years are not available. Looks like Redline or Hondapartsnow are your only options unless you have a local dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is this part number 33151-SZT-A31is for xenon headlight or halogen?

Rockauto is out of stock. My local dealer wants 800 eur 🙈 c'mon I can get from Europe for 400 Eur in very good condition original one. Ok I will search somehow locally.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
That part number is for HID Xenon EX with LED DRLs.. Contact Hondapartsnow and see if they ship international or Amazon or Ebay. If you get euro specifications they will be for RHD the part numbers I gave you is for USDM

2015 Honda CR-Z 3 Door EX; KA 6MT
Honda Part No.: 33151-SZT-A31 Headlight Unit, L. $478.13
Honda Part No.: 33101-SZT-A31 Headlight Unit, R. $478.13

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys,

I have one very important question:
I'm driving CR-Z from USA in Europe. I would like to ask if its true that in USA headlights inside have orange reflector, right? It must be there according regulations
In EU its not needed (must not be there) . Do you know headlights part numbers which have LED strip, HID(xenons) and it does not have orange reflector?
I need exactly like this to buy new left headlight. For example I found like this: Part Number: 33151-SZT-E12

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
If you have a US specification car you will need to buy US specification parts unless the car to be moved to your country goes through homologation or has been Homulgated to make it work with the regulations there.

Google search the part number since you have it or use Amazon for your area.Ask a parts dealer.

Most of us are in the US with US specification cars and we buy our parts new from https://www.hondapartsnow.com/ or any Honda parts dealer and we buy used from Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts

That part number does not show on the hondapartsnow.com website for the US.

Your car is no longer a US car if it has European headlights it has been Homulgated or changed either legally or illegally. There are companies that do that for cars coming in from other areas to make them legal it how US owners are able to get cars that are not normally sold in the US and make them legal same is true when cars are moved to other areas. This is a very big business and from what i have read it can be a very expensive process. You are taking a very simplistic approach. Use google, Amazon or contact parts suppliers in your area or the area you need the parts from. Not the US.

See this thread which talks about Euro specification parts on a US car.

We are not lawyers or regulators we are owners just like you. You are on your own to make the car homulgated to your regulations.

homologate verb
d, you'll need to log in.
ho·mol·o·gate | \ hō-ˈmä-lə-ˌgāt
, hə- \
homologated; homologating
Definition of homologate

transitive verb
: sanction, allow especially : to approve or confirm officially
many cars to be moved between countries have to go through this process or the car is Grey market and technically illegal.

Hey guys,

I have one very important question:
I'm driving CR-Z from USA in Europe. I would like to ask if its true that in USA headlights inside have orange reflector, right? It must be there according regulations
In EU its not needed (must not be there) . Do you know headlights part numbers which have LED strip, HID(xenons) and it does not have orange reflector?
I need exactly like this to buy new left headlight. For example I found like this: Part Number: 33151-SZT-E12

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
If you have a US specification car you will need to buy US specification parts unless the car to be moved to your country goes through homologation or has been Homulgated to make it work with the regulations there.
I don't think that's true, we have many US cars in the EU and from what I know, they can't be registered unless we replace or modify headlights to match the EU spec. For example we can't have red rear turn signals but amber. Similar thing happens between UK cars and EU cars, with the difference that we can register a car with the steering wheel on the other side, but the headlights have to be replaced or modified to match the EU spec. A lot of people however also modify the steering wheel and replace the dashboard to match the rest of the EU and these modified cars drive on the roads without any problems, they pass technical inspections just fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
All part of Homulgation and in any case he needs the European parts which the usual members from the US cannot help him obtain. I updated my posting to suggest since he has the part number all he needs to do is search that part number via local sources Amazon, Dealers etc . That whole process is called Homulgation and he has asked in a bunch of old postings too but basically if you need other market parts you have search sources from that market.

I had a relative who was an insurance investigator and he dealt with grey market cars and how they ended up in countries they should never have been in. The legal way is as you describe converting the car to meet the regulations where it is to be legal. That is literally called Homulgation and is a legal process to convert a car to meet regulations. Some cars from previous years when brought to the US needed different bumpers for example to be legal in the US.

Reread what I stated about conversion and Homulgation. My statement is correct just not as detailed as it could have been. He originally joined the forum looking for US headlights as a replacement his most recent postings are to get the European headlights hence the discussion of homulgation which is the correct and technical term. You just may not be familiar with the process by that term.

I don't think that's true, we have many US cars in the EU and from what I know, they can't be registered unless we replace or modify headlights to match the EU spec. For example we can't have red rear turn signals but amber. Similar thing happens between UK cars and EU cars, with the difference that we can register a car with the steering wheel on the other side, but the headlights have to be replaced or modified to match the EU spec. A lot of people however also modify the steering wheel and replace the dashboard to match the rest of the EU and these modified cars drive on the roads without any problems, they pass technical inspections just fine.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts