Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a source that I could get me the headlights from the UK and wanted to know, if its just plug-n-play or what modifications would need to be done? :dunno::unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
tell us when u get them... you'd be the first :thumbsup:

i'd imagine most of it is the same... the only difference i think is the added LED wiring which you can probably tap into the DRLs...

·
Registered
675 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Dude You need EU lights, UK lights are for the wrong side.

Its costs 600€ par pièce for the xenon versions.

I would think that it will easily fit, minor changes with cables (just the leds need other cables)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
ouch... just under 800$ USD per headlight. as much as I really want them that's a crazy price.

if there's any way a "distributor" could get them closer to @cost price i might re-consider it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I would think that it will easily fit, minor changes with cables (just the leds need other cables)
Do you think you could get me the part numbers for them, I would greatly appreciate it....:thumbsup: Also a contact number.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Why would UK lights be on the wrong side?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just the way the lights are aimed. Since they drive on the left side of the road, the lights are aimed to the left for road signs (so that oncoming traffic isn't blinded) But in North America it is the opposite.

I'm sure it could be adjusted regardless though ;)

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i really don't see the issue here... it has up/down/left/right adjustments... i've taken headlights apart b4 and both left and right were IDENTICAL, nothing specially shaped to aim them a certain direction... i'd really like to see proof of this b/c my experience tells me this is nonsense... i know a few ppl that have done JDM conversions on older cars and even as new as the current Civic and they're never had an issue with adjusting the headlights...

please don't show me a Mini, Toyota, BMW, Ford, etc to prove this... i'd like to see a HONDA headlight that shows this... until then, i'm gonna believe that ANY CR-Z headlight will work...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The headlights would have to come from a left hand drive CR-Z. But if they're coming out of a RHD vehicle, the HID projectors would have to be swapped from one side of the headlight to the other in order to get the correct cutoff for driving in the states. Many people run into a similar issue with other vehicles (JDM front end conversion for the Integra). There are LHD vehicles in Europe so people trying to order the LED/HID headlights should get them from one of those countries.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One of those? All EU country's are LHD except UK
lol, I guess I just dont know my "country and what side of the road they drive on." But I was just trying to make a point about correct cutoff if someone was trying to retrofit HID/LED headlights for USDM cr-z's. I would really love to have the LED headlights here on USDM cr-z's. I not sure why they didn't bring that here.

Also, Australia drives on the same side as the US. Did they get LED/HID headlights too?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts