Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
1. Which oil is better taking in consideration the 67k on board 0W20 or 5W30?
2. It seems that i'm missing my "maintenance mindr" on board. Don't know if it was not activated or removed at some point.
Is it possible to activate it again?
3. From where can I purchase a second key at a reasonable price....
Hello, and welcome to the forum (from a member across the pond, in the US)
1--Sitck with 0w20, no matter the mileage.
2--I'm not sure if the maintenance minder is the same on UK vehicles, as it is on the ones in the US, but if I understand your question correctly, the maintenance item code will light up automatically at the time it needs service. Here's a post with a little more info:
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/fact...intenance-minder-recommended-maintenance.html
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/factory-specifications/13257-maintenance-minder.html
(also check the owner's manual--did you get one with your used CR-Z?)
3--I don't know about replacement keys, but I hear that you might have to get a 3rd mortgage on the farm to purchase one at the dealership. Read this post for some slightly better news:
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/hond...placement-key-fee-bordereline-outrageous.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings Litz,

Thank you for your prompt answers.
I'll try to sort things out and let you guys know how it went.
It is pretty clear with the oil.
Regarding the maintenance minder, I'll go to a Honda dealer and try to sort things out.
After reading the manual, In theory I should be able to check/see different information about the oil and service. On my car is blank.
I read somewhere on the forum that the car can either be bought with that option disabled or can be disabled afterwards. I'll see wat what the dealer will say.
As for the key, yes, it's very expensive to buy it in orginal. Instead i found Car Keys Online - Flip Remote Key for Honda CRZ and I might try them as I won't mind gable £50 if i can save £600 :))

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, I'm in Cullercoats and within days I hope to have a 10 plate sports. in red :)
I'm 68 and just got rid of my Celica GT4s :( I had a Carlos Sainz (yes, really!) AND a UK WRC 205 ( yes also really!!)
Don't ask why.... just an age thing.
I'm hoping the CR-Zs horses will be enough???
I've just joined here and not sure how you receive notifications of replies to my posts? I'll just come on and trawl through to see if anyone replies.
It will be great to meet you if/when I get the purchase. All the best

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well I got it.
Is there anyone out there?

Reactions: litz

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Jeffd,
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. There is a few of us UK members on here dotted around the place but not sure how often people check this area of the forum. How you finding the car?

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Hi Jeffd,
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. There is a few of us UK members on here dotted around the place but not sure how often people check this area of the forum. How you finding the car?

He finds it (hopefully) in his parking spot where he left it!:laugh:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ho Ho ho.
Actually i am struggling with:-
1) rear view.... so dark and cut in half!
2) too many gears and not sure, when in 5th/6th where 3rd/2nd are???
3) too much info from dash... goes red every time I give it beans and still only half way through the book so not found my favorite settings yet!
She is called HO as I have a Hyundai as well (called HY)
Still... she is ok. I have dropped to <130 bhp from 200/250 that I had in my Celica GT4s but life goes on :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 is actually a godsend; just the right height to block headlights behind you!

2 dont be afraid to boot it and rev it to the limiter (6500) its not what you're "supposed" to do but i just get up to whatever speed then strait into 6th. don't use eco mode, all it does is dampen the throttle and lighten the steering, no actual fuel / engine changes, and trust me, its infuriating when in eco, your speed on on cruise control will wander around 4mph in either direction due do the computer deciding what it thinks is most efficient. doesn't happen in norm / sport. 3rd/4th issue: just come out of gear and let go of the stick, itll boing back to the middle and 3rd / 4th is just up or down.

3. you can basically ignore everything on the dash apart from fuel gauge and speed. i believe there is an in - dash menu option to disable the colour changing speedo if you want to. there aren't many ways to actually influence the battery level / usage but a couple of thing that are useful:

dragging the brakes cuts off fuel to the engine and charges the battery. you're aiming for a feather touch on the pedal; youll see whats right as you wont feel any appreciable braking but the charge guage with go mostly if not all, green.

when slowing down, at 19mph precisely the engine will cut off into autostop mode if youre in N and braking (even slightly, see above) so you're aiming to regen / charge till then and then knock into N.

if you want to engine to start when in autostop (heating, demist ect) hold the clutch in and tap the accelerator. if you're in N it will keep running till you move again.

apologies if i'm teaching a grandmother to suck eggs!

(p.s. if you have any electrical gremlins first port of call is to replace the 12v under bonnet battery. all its used for is running the computers until the engine starts (which is done by the hybrid battery) and the car then powers itself. so you wont realise its getting low until it cant maintain 12v even under no load. plenty of people on here have had worrying warning lights / fault codes / issues that resolved into a knackered 12v battery!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Now that is useful Prospect and many thanks. :) I hope I can become as knowledgeable about these as I was about the GT4s. Thank you.
I wondered why she 'stalled' when rolling into a roundabout the other day.
I guess it is all a question of experience? Doesn't seem very logical to me!!
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
3rd/4th issue: just come out of gear and let go of the stick, itll boing back to the middle and 3rd / 4th is just up or down.
Part of the instructions I gave to my son when teaching him how to drive a manual transmission. ? I'm currently taking a truck driving course and have given this exact advice to some of my classmates who've struggled with missing shifts. Gear location is a little different but the process is the same. Let the stick do some of the work for you.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I wondered why she 'stalled' when rolling into a roundabout the other day.
I guess it is all a question of experience? Doesn't seem very logical to me!!
Thanks again
Leave in 3rd gear(or 2nd, if going slow) with the clutch out(engaged) and it will stay running if you want it through those pesky traffic circles. The more you drive it, the more you'll learn, adjust to, and grow to appreciate most of the very things about the car that are currently bothering you. Keep reading through your owner's manual. Don't be afraid to ask the brain trust of this forum for additional info.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Will do! I'm nearly half way through and I have reset my Eco Assist so I can grow my own little trees :) !! what a challenge :) !!!??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just found this thread by having a look at what Jeffd posted, so thought I’d better pop in and say ‘Hi!’

The CRZ isn’t actually mine, I bought it for my lad last September, he turned 17 at the back end of October, and passed his test yesterday - he’s now ‘solo’, so watch out! It’s an Ocean Pearl Blue GT.

We’re up in Northumberland; there’s at least one other CRZ somewhere locally, as we see her park up in Hexham pretty much daily, and my lad passed another whilst on his test - though he was in the instructor’s Polo, so a wave wouldn’t have meant anything (he did say it was pretty well ‘Mugan’d up’ with spoiler and central tailpipe)!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi pilot! this thread seems to have died so we need to maybe set up an UK exclusive site???
This existing site is great for USA and Canada but???? we have to trawl through European posts to get to UK
You know what I mean like?
Ooooof. Had a few beers :) Never drive after beer :)

Reactions: Peterboat

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Reis, you lost 20 horses there??
Where about are you mate?
Get some pictures up when you find you way around the sit, there is much useful information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Reis, you lost 20 horses there??

Where about are you mate?

Get some pictures up when you find you way around the sit, there is much useful information.

Fn2s come with 200 horses stock so lost a little more than 20. I’m not chasing hp though with this car. I had my fun with the type R.

I’m in Birmingham, West Midlands.

Will get some picks up when I’ve given it a good clean. Does this forum offer any club stickers?

161 - 180 of 192 Posts