Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i install the k&n on my cr-z its the same of the civic 1.8l but after 60 miles give me a check engine light (po171b bank 1 system too lean), i erase the light with my otc but comes back over and over again i check every possible air leaks perfomes ok but the driving modes donst work cuz of the check engine light any ideas what could be wrong ??

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
hmm this is interesting considering the maf is the same. does the r18 have the same pill, up top close to the trottle body? its like a breather pill.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ the MAF is designed to read a certain amount of airflow. if the space is larger then it thinks there is a problem IE: the stock intake is broken somehow. Its not designed to play nice with non factory intakes because the system is designed around stock

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Your welcome! But that's why I don't understand why it's reading off! It should work of anything fitment is probably kinda off. OP snap pics so we can help u.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guy i try disconecting and install back the original in take for 2 days reset pcm and work ok so yesterday i disconect my battery install the k&n and work ok but after 50 miles the effing CEL comes back this sucks and the maf space its the same as the civic 1.8L , i guess could be to close tho the throttle body? any more ideas ?????

·
Registered
675 Posts
well ive contacted K&N recently and their doing a final testing by end of this month. and should have a product come out in 1.5-2months :/

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ya but the one branded for the civic would probably be cheaper. oscarb, why don't you share with us what you did to fix it? no offense, but it kinda irritates me when someone has an issue, and then posts that they fixed it WITH NO DETAILS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
welli have already 100 miles after the last reset and modification and no CEL the diference was the distace of the pipe to the throttle body just and inch make a diference in performance and no CEL hope that keeps working 100% fingers cross

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.