Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
H and A has install instructions for fogs on their site. Buy Honda CR-Z Accessories - Discount Genuine Honda Accessories You should be able to reverse the process.

Looking at the instructions for the 'Splash Guards' the are supposed to drill 4 holes in the rear bumper.

Bet your dealer added $250 to the price for those too. I knew I wanted them and made them put them on for free and they gave me a hard time because of the labor involved. Thanks to H and A, I knew before hand it wasn't a DIY project I wanted to tackle.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome to the site, and sorry that your first posts about the car had to be negative ones. The mudflaps I opted to have installed also, they help to keep rock chips off the sides of the car and keep it a bit cleaner, and I think they look pretty good and subtle. Hopefully you will get used to them, and forget about these annoyances because of all the cars other awesomeness :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, it sucks that they have to drill all those holes and they still don't fit quite the way I'd like them too. The only reason I looked at the install instructions before hand was to see if I was willing to do the job myself and save some money.

I bought fogs for my Element from H an A and had the stealership install them, saved me a few bucks.

Glad you liek the car.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey everyone, I was going to make an introduction post first, but I was a little upset by two things I noticed today on my CRZ.
The other issue is huge for me. This is my 6th Honda I've owned, and I've worked on pretty much every model of Honda from '88-now. Never once have I seen a mudflap design so terrible. On every other Honda, if it had mudflaps, and you didn't want them, you'd just pull the screws, pull the flaps and reinstall the screws and it was a done deal. The CRZ are permanent? I really wish I would have known this, I would have waited for one that was totally bare. Now if I want to remove them I need a new rear bumper?

I'm with you, the same thing happened to me, where the showroom model was allegedly the only Storm Silver 6MT within 300 miles, so I took it. I had to remove the dealer's plastic badge and pin-stripes, then when I considered removing the splash guards, I saw unsightly holes and bolts in the rear bumper behind the flaps. My initial reaction was that the Dealer sold me damaged goods and performed a cover-up, but I viewed the Honda Internet Video on Installation of the Splash Guards, and I realised that's how it's done! The mud flaps arern't really that bad looking, they really do work, and I got them for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.