Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1229 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through the forums and didn't find any existing threads that deal with the whole matter of the CR-Z turning heads, getting unsolicited looks and attention. Figured I'd start one, and let the moderators redirect me if I missed an existing thread.

Anyhoo... had my first major turning heads experiences today. The wifey and I took her Civic to a local car audio and aftermarket upgrades shop, and I drove my new silver CR-Z there so that we could actually go out and do something as she waited for an upgraded stereo and a subwoofer and hands-free mic to be installed.

We hadn't even gotten out of the car when a guy came running out of the store - literally! - and rushed up to check out the car. He gushed about it, as it was the first one he saw up close and personal. "I want one of these!" was a statement he mentioned a couple times. Turns out the dude was a salesman there, so I was skeptical and thought "yeah, he probably does that when anyone drives up with a new car!" Figured it was a good sales ploy or something! :sneaky: However, during and after our sales experience it became obvious he was being real about it!

Later on we came back after the gear was installed in wifey's Civic. After going inside and paying, we went back out to have the sales guy show us some of the audio system controls. Two other guys were walking around the CR-Z and giving it a real close look. Turns out they were techs/mechanics from one of the car shops in the small complex there. Two other customers that were there also went over to have a closer look at the CR-Z while we were over at the Civic. One of the customers and his gal were in a more boxey high gas mileage vehicle, and I could swear he was probably thinking "geez, why didn't I wait for something like THIS to come out!" :p

Pretty funny experience overall. So, if you want to get some quick reactions, take your CR-Z to an automotive specialty place's parking lot, walk away, and observe!

·
Registered
307 Posts
i got this guy that told me it looks way better than the prius. i couldn't agree more with the man. lol. then another guy was telling me about how if he didn't have kids and $hit he would've waited for the cr-z instead. the only people who clown on my car are my friends. it's kinda hard to look tough in a cr-z. haha

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
A girl who works at my gym saw me parking and started yappig over how I have the exact car she wants. She wanted to sit inside and check it out. She also thought it cost around $18,000 or so. I had to break the news that it will cost here more than the Sentra she drives now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The other night I was picking up my nephew from his dance rehearsal and his friend said to my nephew, "there's a CRZ outside!" and my nephew said, "Yea, it's my uncles." and the kid came up to me and said, "dude I want your car sooo bad!" Haha. And I heard my nephews other friend say across the room, "Man that car is BEAST!" And 30 minutes earlier, the owner of the dance studio told me, "your car is BEAUTIFUL!" Ha. I have to agree with all of the above :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I get a lot of questions from people about mine as it is still quite a rare car here in England, I have only ever seen the ones from the dealership where I bought mine.

How big is the engine seems to be the main question and they seem surprised when I say that it has 2.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I went to top off the tank earlier this evening and got the same reactions. Mine is the first here in Bergen, so it turns some heads thats for sure. Going to be fun driving it around the city this week at work :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've had other drivers give me the thumbs up and waves. A couple of times folks have asked me about the car while filling up.

The lady that lives next door to the cabin I vacationed in a few days after buying the Z stopped and asked what car it was. She and her husband had been admiring it whenever they passed by.

A guy outside the mall was talking to someone when I drove past. He pointed and ran towards the car with a big excited smile. I'm pretty sure it was the car, not me. :)

A guy on a motorcycle asked about the car while stopped at a light the other day.

My Honda salesperson had a very nice couple talk to me while I was at the dealership a couple of weeks ago. I told them all about the car and how it compared to the Civic Coupe (they drove one that was identical to my trade-in Civic.) They are now waiting on delivery of their CR-Z. Oh, and she drives a CR-X HF as well.

The last day of the 8thCivic.com Tail of the Dragon meet (which I could not go to - was just up there the week before), I was driving southbound on I-95 when an 8th gen Civic sedan (probably an Si, but not sure) came along in the middle/left lanes. There were 3 people inside, the passenger in the back was wearing a green dragon outfit and waved as they went by. It was hilarious! I wish I'd been able to take a picture of that. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was pulling into the parking garage at work. And this kid about 12-13 years old. He was staring at my car. I stepped out of the car and he's like "cool car man!"

Another time, i was at an intersection and this guy was passing by and was just starring. *lol*

Recently, at an intersection, this civic hatch was passing by and i heard them saying out their window to themselves "Is that a new honda?" *lol*

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was washing and waxing my CR-Z this weekend and my neighbor came over. He was very excited about it but said he was in the market for a new car but his wife would never let him buy one :rolleyes: , she wants a minivan. Lol! He obviously has been following the CR-Z, he knew a lot about it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Spigilogan do you have a silver or white Z ? I was at Rayco4 over the weekend and he said he saw a silver or white one in rockville center, was that you cuz ive yet to see another Z around.

While waxing this weekend i got a dozen lookers and 3 compliments and one you can do my car after yours comment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Turning heads and almost caused an accident today. A guy passed me today in stop and go traffic and it was slow enough he figured he take an extra long look. He had his head out the window as he passed looking back at the car. He ended up about 6 inches off the bumper of the car in front of him when the rest of the traffic stopped and he almost didn't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spigilogan do you have a silver or white Z ? I was at Rayco4 over the weekend and he said he saw a silver or white one in rockville center, was that you cuz ive yet to see another Z around.

While waxing this weekend i got a dozen lookers and 3 compliments and one you can do my car after yours comment.
Crystal Black Pearl

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sadly, most of the attention I've received in my CRZ (on a nearly daily basis) is from middle aged women. Thrice now, I've had a woman in her 50s (I'm 28) tell me my car was sexy. :iough:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a guy in a Toyota Matrix say, "wow I didn't know Honda made a car that looked that good!" Also, on my way home last night a guy in a moving truck wouldn't stop staring I thought perhaps we was having a seizure. I also had a guy in an S2000 pass me on the interstate and he nodded at me. I'll call it the "Honda Nod". :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sadly, most of the attention I've received in my CRZ (on a nearly daily basis) is from middle aged women. Thrice now, I've had a woman in her 50s (I'm 28) tell me my car was sexy. :iough:
So that's why there are so many 40+ men buying this car :pP:

·
Registered
120 Posts
So far I have been getting mostly other Honda owners coming up to me. Yesterday a guy at Kragen in a newer civic SI talked to me for 10 minutes about what its like. He was thinking about trading in the Si and liked its looks better than the Si.

lol I have also had a few people act like they want to race me in other modified imports. :pP:
Which I think is kind of funny since no one wanted to race me when I was in my Mustang.
Must be a welcome to the import community thing. IDK

1 - 20 of 1229 Posts