Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Which forced induction do you prefer for your crz

• Turbo

• Supercharger (jackson racing , HDP, sprintex)

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive already done my search and it seem by far the community's favourite is Sprintex Supercharger

with 2426 Posts :oops:

106 posts

115 posts

just wanted to know is Sprintex popular cause its easier to install as a straight bolt in and less messing about.

But i also noticed some who have had the sprintex supercharger sell up to upgrade to a turbo path could this be because they want more power ?

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Supercharger for the win!
The Spintex is popular for its "plug and play" set up, but I figure the extra high post count is more for troubleshooting the minor problems associated with an aftermarket product. Contrast that with the few posts about the HPD Supercharger.... I have one CR-Z with the Sprintex, and another with the HPD, and both do a good job of adding spirit to the CR-Z.

Turbo?
I've never had one, but if anyone out there wants to let me go for a test run in their Turbo'd CR-Z, I'm just waiting for the setting of a time and place. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Turbo?
I've never had one, but if anyone out there wants to let me go for a test run in their Turbo'd CR-Z, I'm just waiting for the setting of a time and place. :)
Time? 2 or 3 years from now. (depends on how soon I can get/make a kit after I graduate.)

Place? Niagara meet.

:p

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Time? 2 or 3 years from now. (depends on how soon I can get/make a kit after I graduate.)

Place? Niagara meet.

:p
Yep. Looks like my schedule is open then. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Is it possible to Supercharge and Turbocharge the same engine? I saw or heard something recently where there is some production car or race car where they did that for even more power.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things really look interesting when you put them head to head.
look at this clip from 1:00minute mark

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I seriously considered twincharging… still not completely given up on the option... But the extreme heat would be something you would have to deal with.

I'll stick with my turbo for now, quite fun.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts