Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Tsubaki

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ODGSelene 
#1 ·
My girlfriend decided the name Tsubaki out of Soul Eater =). My del sol's name is Selene, which some other girl named and it just stuck lol.

I got the CR-Z 5-19-2013 and I'm realllllllyyyyyyy happy with it. I can now use my Sol as a project car instead of being the DD.

Unfortunately for me that was my idea... now I wanna make both cars projects -_- hahaha.

Tsubaki's a 6mt EX, I wouldn't go anywhere near the CVT but seeing some of the things, I should've at least gave it a run lol.

To be honest I didn't do a lot of research when I bought it, I just have been wanting it for the last couple years and when one popped up at 11k miles 6mt EX in black, I went for it =D!

So far I bought the cargo mat and all weather floor mats on the 22nd. Haven't done anything yet. Gotta pay off the car and also looking forward to getting the BLF cai and exhaust. (Haven't lowered her yet, shoot me some ideas!)

See less See more
#2 ·
My girlfriend decided the name Tsubaki out of Soul Eater =). My del sol's name is Selene, which some other girl named and it just stuck lol.

I got the CR-Z 5-13-2013 and I'm realllllllyyyyyyy happy with it. I can now use my Sol as a project car instead of being the DD.

Unfortunately for me that was my idea... now I wanna make both cars ...

You're not going to see this shot so often!

And so it begins. I love the name. And, based on your plans, it sounds like it won't be long until Tsubaki is a "Del Sol Eater"!

Good luck with your build, and take us along with you. :hi5:

#5 ·
LOL!!!! That's the reason why my friend named my Del Sol Selene. She really likes the del sol but she's got a motorbike and a couple of other things and couldn't get one lol.

All the options that are available for CR-Z's, minor engine, and lower her. Maybe new rims but that's about it for now haha.

#7 ·
Okay so update on a LONG hiatus...

I've been rear ended two more times. One was a hit and run, the other one the lady was taking a right turn into Rotten Robbies... from the left lane... and said she was in a rush and didn't see my car. Happened after a red light.

Got multiple parking tickets where I was living because there's no parking, the car's been towed from the safeway parking lot and paying for the tow fees was a btch and a half. One of the parking tickets caused me to park on the other side of the street the next day, I came out and a tree branch had dropped and fallen on the CRZ.

Been broke for the longest time but now I'm in a better spot so I've been looking back on all the things I wanted to do with the CRZ lol.

#10 ·
Thanks!! Have a bunch of plans but I wanna make sure they go through or start rolling before I post about it lol.

Sounds like she's had a bit of a tough life, but good to know you still have 'er. Has all the damage from the accidents and tree limbs been repaired?
Yeah, she has =( I love her though and I still get the fuzzies whenever I see my car XD! Unfortunately, the damage hasn't been repaired so her paint and body is pretty messed up. I was able to get a hold of a carbon fiber hood and I'm debating on a carbon fiber trunk since the tree branch landed on the trunk and roof area.

Attachments

#9 ·
Sounds like she's had a bit of a tough life, but good to know you still have 'er. Has all the damage from the accidents and tree limbs been repaired?

#11 ·
I got a pair of 2013 black seats and interior except for the little dash parts from a salvage yard.

2x door panels
2x seats
Floor mats
Carpet
Interior door handles
Center console

Waiting for the carpet to get here, gonna give that a thorough cleaning and then take a day to install everything ?!!

Before and after lol.

Attachments

#15 ·
Wondering how you cleaned the seats? Mine are getting pretty bad and they're grey so everything shows up on them.

I have used my Bissell Pro heat carpet cleaner hand tool and then after it was clean and dry used "Never Wet" for fabrics made by Rustoleum but I bought it on clearance in Walmart for $5 a bottle. I also sprayed my door panel fabric with same stuff. I have a 2013 EX so my interior is darker not sure if that matters.

#18 ·
Another long hiatus but Tsubaki is now teal, the work equips didn't work because Threepiece.us sent me the lips with the incorrect hole sizes drilled out and one of them was warped, couldn't get a refund cause it was past the 30 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.