Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a deer now I'm looking for a passenger fender, hood and passenger headlight..if price Is good I'm looking for a set of headlights, does anyone know of a good reasonable place I can find these items? Ebay seems over priced on most stuff and I'm thinking $400 a headlight is pretty steep.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
248 Posts
Whereabouts are you located? I like using junkyard part searchers to find stuff cheap.
I am not sure you can find anything less than $400 per headlight though...
car-part.com works well here in Texas but not so well (as i found out) in Colorado.

If you are super lucky (and super early) you can snag a pair of headlights from Pick-N-Pull (it's like $19.99 / headlight for them) but there are a bunch of people who get stuff like that super early and sell it for profit on eBay. Cars will be picked clean of anything expensive within a few hours.
Think they call it something different up north though... same company.

· Premium Member
9,037 Posts
The issue with obtaining headlights and other parts for a CR-Z has been discussed before. This was a low volume unique car now discontinued, and the headlights are CR-Z only. Use Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now to figure out the part number. Then use any of the car part websites (for used or refurbished), or even use places like Amazon to order new or your local dealer. For used if you are very lucky, this site I have gotten good used parts from before. Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts. Good luck getting what you need and getting it back on the road to pre-accident condition.

My own car was hit in a hit-and-run, and my body shop and insurance was able to obtain and replace the parts I needed. But that was a number of years ago, and the parts were slightly more plentiful. The good news if there is any is most of the body parts were the same for the whole time the car was made. This makes them interchangeable among all years, with some exceptions. Headlights vary depending on year and trim.

Do you have a Base (halogen only headlights) or an EX or above (HID)? They are not interchangeable. I also recommend when you do get a new headlight consider paint protection film for both and replace all bulbs as they tend to dim over time.

· Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I'm also confused on the exact headlight I'm needing on my 2011 ex..its the passenger side
You need the ex hid headlight that uses the high beam as the daylight running light. See the part number on the Honda Parts now site I referred you to. Enter all the correct information then take part number and web search or as I said search Amazon or redline or used parts places. You need for 2011 or 2012 EX. Later ones in the US had an LED strip for DRL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts