Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CRZ fam, this is my first time posting but... i have an idea that I think can be executed. Recently I’ve noticed I am constantly scraping the underside of my car... a little more than I thought I would when I bought it. Does anyone know someone with a lifted crz???? I really want a higher raised vehicle and my crz is paid off so I can do as I please with it. I would really like to turn my crz into a “ off roadyyy “ looking type of car. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
alternative is go up and down driveways at an angle and coat the bottom of the bumper with "rock" guard paint which is like under coating and will protect the plastic.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
You mean this one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alternative is go up and down driveways at an angle and coat the bottom of the bumper with "rock" guard paint which is like under coating and will protect the plastic.
Today my under guard completely fell off. The streets where I live are totally f** and impossible for a crz to be driving on without underside damage. Maybe if I get better wheels???

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Do you have low profile tires on the car? If so consider some more conventional tires. This is not usually a wheel problem if you have OEM wheels. I have a stock 2013 and have lived in multiple places and have not had an issue except in parking garages and I scraped the nose due to it till I started rolling at an angle I also drive very very slow on driveways. I also could not park in the drive way at my brothers house because is drive way is an extreme angle to park there I had to back in. Or I hate to say it maybe a CR-Z is not the right car for your area.
Today my under guard completely fell off. The streets where I live are totally f** and impossible for a crz to be driving on without underside damage. Maybe if I get better wheels???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the look of my car but I just really wish it was raised higher off the ground. I have stock tires... I live in a canyon, that is finally starting to be developed and have proper roads put in.... thinking about selling this car and buying a Nissan Juke. Going to be a hard let go... had my baby since I was 16 :( my first car.

Do you have low profile tires on the car? If so consider some more conventional tires. This is not usually a wheel problem if you have OEM wheels. I have a stock 2013 and have lived in multiple places and have not had an issue except in parking garages and I scraped the nose due to it till I started rolling at an angle I also drive very very slow on driveways. I also could not park in the drive way at my brothers house because is drive way is an extreme angle to park there I had to back in. Or I hate to say it maybe a CR-Z is not the right car for your area.
Forgot to quote my reply, but also I’ve put at least 4K in repairs to this car. Currently I’m in need of a new headlight unit, catalytic converter, and my car barely starts I believe I have an issue with the starter.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
There is no starter per se it uses the IMA Motor Generator except when very cold then it uses the conventional starter which is back up and requires a good under hood battery .
Forgot to quote my reply, but also I’ve put at least 4K in repairs to this car. Currently I’m in need of a new headlight unit, catalytic converter, and my car barely starts I believe I have an issue with the starter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts