Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have been on this site for about a couple of weeks now, reading, learning, you know the same old stuff that we all do on forums... i have only had 2 different cars in my life... a 04 ep3 and now an 08 mugen si. the ep.. well its a great car. i honestly think i have a thing for hatches, cause well now i really like the styling of the crz but like the ep, the engine on crz isnt well, lets just say up to par. i do understand the concept behind it but it doesnt have the performance of my si... i guess im just having a hard time with the fact that why doesnt honda put a performance engine in the crz... i understand the way things are in the world today... but does everyone really think that this engine has the "true potential" to have a turbo or supercharger ? would be ever be possible to be close to 250-300 to the wheels? ... i honestly have a hard time seeing it... i would love if that is possible... i just feel like this car could be so great, well i take that back. it is great, but didnt honda see this coming? people wanting to be able to tune this car into a beast hahah .... i dont know im just going to stop now :violin:haha. its just so frustrating i guess lol...

i just really hope the crz can make people think twice about it... in a good way of course...

plz let me know if im not the only one who feels this way... haha

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
i was having mixed emotions about this as well... my BIGGEST concern was the measly 6300 rev limiter :( ... but then i did some thinking... if i could get the CR-Z to conservatively put out close to 200hp on a mild tune and still keep all reliability... then i'll be happy b/c my Si was nice/sporty quick enough for me...

but after reading what spoon did to their CR-Z and them only tuning the engine, N/A btw, to 145hp/150tq and still pulling off similar numbers to that of a stock Si... i figured even 180-190hp would be amazing in this car... not to mention, with the right tune and turbo, this car would actually be more efficient than it currently is...

so i imagine mine would be something like this:
185hp/195tq (on 91+ octane)
13.3-14.5 1/4mile
easily 45-50mpg

that's probably close to, if not beating the original K-Sight (K20 swapped 1st-gen Insight)... all while still having the coolest updated features on the car and great styling with awesome aerodynamics...

· Registered
234 Posts
Type-R is a big wish - but never coming. Why? Because all of the "kids" talking about K20 blablabla cannot affort a new CRZ-R. Honda is changing the way the company is recognized. From Sport to Earth Care....

Nevertheless - I drove the CRZ and realisied what Honda wanted to tell me. And I go that way....but old times are coming up. I'm thinking about lowering, nice rims and of course tuning the engine. I believe that this will become a totally new tuning scenario. Pushing the e-motor to the limits will be the next step and the first thing we will buy in future are new high-performance battery packs and custom stronger coils for the electric motor. :D

I'm looking with joy into the tuning future.

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
So... I have been on this site for about a couple of weeks now, reading, learning, you know the same old stuff that we all do on forums... i have only had 2 different cars in my life... a 04 ep3 and now an 08 mugen si. the ep.. well its a great car. i honestly think i have a thing for hatches, cause well now i really like the styling of the crz but like the ep, the engine on crz isnt well, lets just say up to par. i do understand the concept behind it but it doesnt have the performance of my si... i guess im just having a hard time with the fact that why doesnt honda put a performance engine in the crz... i understand the way things are in the world today... but does everyone really think that this engine has the "true potential" to have a turbo or supercharger ? would be ever be possible to be close to 250-300 to the wheels? ... i honestly have a hard time seeing it... i would love if that is possible... i just feel like this car could be so great, well i take that back. it is great, but didnt honda see this coming? people wanting to be able to tune this car into a beast hahah .... i dont know im just going to stop now :violin:haha. its just so frustrating i guess lol...

i just really hope the crz can make people think twice about it... in a good way of course...

plz let me know if im not the only one who feels this way... haha
I agree with you. The only thing that keeps me from full bore is the power output. I am not looking for some obscene, "K" series tire burning monster at all. However, I would expect something of this nature and design to have more power to match it's looks.

I think sales will be OK in the U.S. and will increase after January 1st but I don't think sales will be explosive. If they did come out with an SI/ Type R I think they would actually have stronger sales.

· Registered
27 Posts
My biggest concern is the IMA system. I LOOOOOVE my honda fit 2007. It's so surpisingly fast and despite how hard or aggressive i drive it, i get 32-35 mpg and I'm happy with that.

I can't help wonder what the CRZ would be if it was gasoline only with the 1.5L engine. Seeing the numbers, I can't help the car would be better this way. It probably would be faster, same mileage, handle better, and cost $2000 less.

· Registered
27 Posts
My biggest concern is the IMA system. I LOOOOOVE my honda fit 2007. It's so surpisingly fast and despite how hard or aggressive i drive it, i get 32-35 mpg and I'm happy with that.

I can't help wonder what the CRZ would be if it was gasoline only with the 1.5L engine. Seeing the numbers, I can't help the car would be better this way. It probably would be faster, same mileage, handle better, and cost $2000 less.
I wonder if there will be tuners taht will only do one modification: remove the battery...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.