Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 6sp manual 135,000 miles.
I have a knocking coming from my transmission. The noise is relevant to the wheel soeed (not engine speed). At hwy speeds, it sounds like a heatsheild rattle. Verry fast pace, vibration noise. When slowing to a stop, the noise changes with the wheel speed. At around 20mph and slower, the noise slows enough that it make a very distinct knock. I get no sound change or new sounds when turning the wheels while moving. So its not axles. At first, i thought it was a rod knock. But then i noticed that the sound did not go away when in neutral or with the clutch in. Then i jacked up the left front and spun the wheel in neutral. I could hear a clicking noise coming from the transmission, and could barely feel something every time it clicked if i was touching the trasmissiin housing with my hand. I cant find anything on the internet talking about this issue. Driving wise, no issues at all. Any ideas anyone?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend had this exact issue a few weeks ago. We thought it was CV joint but later discovered it was inside the gearbox. Bearings in gearbox needed replaced. It's perfect now,
Do you know which bearings it needed? Its at the shop right now and theyre talking full rebuild or replacement of the transmission

1 - 2 of 2 Posts