Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cover seems jammed???
It will not come off! I need to be prepared!
I've pushed and tried to pull and cleaned round it and tried to hook it out/in but no luck!
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Jeff the Geordie :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I got mine off with a precision phillips screw driver, you do have to pry it off very gently as to not damage the bumper paint around it but moreso then that if you aren't planning on fitting the stock tow hook supplied in the boot, be sure the hook you fit doesnt rub against the bumper edge because thatll definitely mark/chip paint.

I fitted a red aftermarket one, then a black one later on but eventually concluded it was too ricer without an equally sporty wing, so ended up just putting the cover back on for a stock look

I found trickier than getting the cover to pop off was getting the little rubber arrow hook thing that keeps the cover attatched to the bumper and not go missing more tricky to take off its def doable tho just takes a few minutes of jimmying and prying

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks. I will attack it gently 'with a pry bar' !

Reactions: qwertylesh

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
If you have a plastic "spudger" or trim tool, plastic is better than metal for preventing damage or at least cover tool end with painters tape or some other material to protect the fragile paint/plastic.
OK, thanks. I will attack it gently 'with a pry bar' !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff. Instructions say to push in on the right towards the bottom. Does it pivot?
If so I'll pry from the top left?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was a while ago! Yes, Thanks, I got it sorted, push in left and 'pop'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts