Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts
Nothing special. I ordered a few Spoon parts not shown. Recent pictures of my car shown below. I really love the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R. It's a beautiful tire. It's costly at $250 per tire... >:)

Toyo Proxes T1 Sport on the rears until completely worn. I also noticed 255 is wider on the AD08 R vs the T1 Sport.

holy crap.

Discussion starter · #249 ·
Hi everyone. I've had this for a few weeks, maybe a month. I've been hesitating to install it because the Sprintex is a pain. I've reinstalled it 3x now. Anyways, I finally opened up my Spoon box and below is the Spoon Yellow Head Cover with the Spoon Oil Filler Cap screwed in. Looks really clean and I love it. I'm glad I decided to go with the signature Spoon yellow color.

I installed this today. Took probably 2 hours total. Dismantling it was quick and painless. The longest part was waiting for my custom gaskets to harden just enough for reinstallation. I'll leave the details out.

Enjoy pics of the newest parts in my build.

(No engine bay picture yet.)

Big tires. :D In this view, you can see where the K&N filter sits for the Black Label Fabrication cold air intake.

I haven't had my BLF intake on very long, so it doesn't need a filter change/cleaning yet, but from that shot, it looks like it would be easier to take the bumper off to get to it (instead of just pulling the fender splash guard and such to get to it as I did with the install.) Anyhow, nice pic of the innards, LOL.

Discussion starter · #256 ·
Hi everyone, just stopping in to check on the forum and do a quick browse. I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Just an update on the Sprintex. Mine is still running very strong. Gas mileage is exceptional and zero issues thus far. Sprintex has proven to be very reliable. With the right parts and tuning, anything is possible.

I have a couple of clips for those still on the fence for the Sprintex kit.

First vid is the Sprintex whine screaming through the canyons. My car was specifically built for the touge, hence the name, and the midrange linear power of the Sprintex has proven itself very worthy.
https://instagram.com/p/BMS5_j7h9mF/

For a more raw footage. Please see below. This is my CRZ vs an S2000. Stock for stock, we are looking at 100hp difference and the ever legendary perfect balance of the S2K. As you can see here, the CRZ is fully capable of keeping up with an S2000. In fact, we switched places and he disappeared from my rear view mirror. My CRZ's current suspension set up allows me to quickly cut into corners with ease. For perspective, the camera car is a Civic Si. It struggles to keep up even on the short bursts of straightaway.
https://instagram.com/p/BMxiRGahL7_/

Last but not least. I will be putting the Sprintex to the ultimate test. I will be participating in Round 5 of Vtec Club at a track called Buttonwillow Raceway Park. Depending how long those straightaways are, will determine how much of a disadvantage the IMA will be for me. The canyons have curves often enough that my IMA charge is constantly full. The track is a completely different animal and I'm excited to take the Touge Z to its limit!

Updated pictures below. The custom aero kit is mostly made of 12K weave real carbon fiber for strength and durability. It has been fit and molded to fit my authentic Mugen front end. The splitter itself is made with 10lb density foam and laid with epoxy resin. It's as hard as wood but as light as foam. It is mounted to the chassis by 4 rods and 2 huge brackets. The only thing visible are the 2 rods hidden behind the front grill. I wanted it to be discreet with no rods showing. The most important piece to the custom aero is the aluminum air dam that goes across the entire front end. This is purely for race car reasons. The Mugen front end is not flat and I had to shave off portions from the ends. Then to cover the gap, this air dam had to be custom made to fit and riveted into the splitter. There are skid pads on the underside to avoid damaging the splitter. The entire front edge of the splitter is made of 8 layers of pure 12K carbon fiber. That many layers shows how thick the carbon fiber is. It's very high quality and I've never seen anyone with this many layers of carbon fiber. It's so thick that we decided to paint the edge white.

Have a good holiday weekend!

241 - 260 of 261 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.