Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts

· Registered
666 Posts
Soo, looks like before they used the "strengthen engine", they were making about 200hp on a stock motor? Is this little 1.5 capable of handling that kind of power? :)

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im fine for 150hp~160hp on the stock motor with the Top Secret / Greddy turbo kit...add some gauges...vented hood...oil cooler...etc
L.M.A.O. month's ago no one believed me on the "GREDDY TURBO" part from the e-mail got from Greddy! I do see this one getting done in the U.S. by Greddy, cant wait to see a Greddy exhaust for the CR-Z!

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Soo, looks like before they used the "strengthen engine", they were making about 200hp on a stock motor? Is this little 1.5 capable of handling that kind of power? :)
Call me out if I'm wrong but the engine & internals have been around for a couple years at least in the GD Honda Fit/Jazz 2003-2008. Kits already exist that push those cars close to 200 hp.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Call me out if I'm wrong but the engine & internals have been around for a couple years at least in the GD Honda Fit/Jazz 2003-2008. Kits already exist that push those cars close to 200 hp.
I haven't read anything that specifically said they are the same but I can safely assume they are, so we should be able to hold the same power as the fits, but we also make more Torque bc of the IMA

· Registered
1,285 Posts
I haven't read anything that specifically said they are the same but I can safely assume they are, so we should be able to hold the same power as the fits, but we also make more Torque bc of the IMA
You hit it with the additional torque from the IMA. Torque is what breaks parts...

· Registered
1,939 Posts
You hit it with the additional torque from the IMA. Torque is what breaks parts...
yup specially torque downlow, i learned that from my MS3 on a stock reworked k04 turbo, made 347whp and 393wtrq, and the stock internals did not like that at all lol. i knew i was pushing it but i assumed it would have lasted longer than that lol. it was making that torque number very early, around 3k rpm.

· Registered
666 Posts
Additional torque from the IMA would put stress on the drivetrain & axles, yes... But not on the engine internals since the torque is not being produced from the engine, it is only assisting the engine... At least, this makes sense in my mind at the moment.

:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.