Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_20210406_155144[1].jpg

Took my 2014 ZF2 to RS Dynotune in Malaysia and got +20 bhp and +30 Nm on the Dyno. I have not installed any performance parts, the car still maintains its stock intake, exhaust and even stock suspension and rims. Was really surprised and delighted by this, the engine feels much more punchier than before and the launch is tire-rippingly smooth.

Quite excited about this since there's so much more potential to unlock once I invest in some good parts! But for now the car feels like it's got a completely new engine.

Dyno charts here for reference, unfortunately it only records from 3000rpm to 6000rpm

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
561 Posts
Woah, that's crazy. That's exactly what I'd like on my car, a bit of extra power, but not necessarily huge gains since it's a daily and has a CVT. Will look into this

I wonder what correction factor they are using. Circa 15% gain on a stock motor seems high.
Agree. I would imagine that the engine in the 'Z is tuned for fuel economy tho, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt

·
Registered
274 Posts
The 20hp gain is basically every where 🤔 I'd expect a larger increase in area under the curve than peak, but 13hp more at 3000 rpm seems a bit ott.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly, it seems suspect. That shop is taking OP for a ride... Our engines are not detuned to that level from factory.
Well, I'd agree with you that the results could be suspect, since short of having an independently verified dyno test I'd have no way to know for sure if the figures are legit. But there really is a significant increase in the car's felt performance for sure after having driven it for a week now , so I could at least confirm that for what it's worth.

Self promotion maybe?
Well, I'm not a shill for the shop if that's what you're suggesting. I've just been a lurker on this forum that finally had something to share here lol.

I wonder what correction factor they are using. Circa 15% gain on a stock motor seems high.
Would you care to elaborate what did you mean by this? Genuinely curious, since I don't know much at all about ECU remaps and would like to learn.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Well, I'd agree with you that the results could be suspect, since short of having an independently verified dyno test I'd have no way to know for sure if the figures are legit. But there really is a significant increase in the car's felt performance for sure after having driven it for a week now , so I could at least confirm that for what it's worth.

Well, I'm not a shill for the shop if that's what you're suggesting. I've just been a lurker on this forum that finally had something to share here lol.

Would you care to elaborate what did you mean by this? Genuinely curious, since I don't know much at all about ECU remaps and would like to learn.
It all goes back to the question: What did they actually do to get those results? Where is the 2nd run(after the tune, so 3 runs total) to verify that the numbers are correct?
And how bad has the hit to your fuel mileage been?
It's hard not to be suspicious of what you're claiming because the car has been around 10+ years, that engine for even longer, and just now, all of the sudden, we find out that there's an extra 20 horsepower just through computer mods?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts