Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 Z for a month and a half and its gettin to be time for tires. I believe the wheels are 16X6. Is there any advantage to getting wheels an inch wider and putting on wider tires or going to 17 inch wheels besides looks? I have no problem staying as is but wider tires would look good IMHO

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah
Advantage:

They make you go slower and cost more!!

;)
Ah ha! So sticking to the factory specs is best. How about 205 width vs 195? Thats 3/8 inch and I have a good deal on em. They will fit my stock rims. I can’t se 3/8 inch being a big deal.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was mostly just joking.

I actually run 205/55/16 in summer. They do make you feel like turning is a bit slower, but are fine for summer.

I recommend sumitomo htr+.. they are great tires and I have been nothing but impressed by them for years!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was mostly just joking.

I actually run 205/55/16 in summer. They do make you feel like turning is a bit slower, but are fine for summer.

I recommend sumitomo htr+.. they are great tires and I have been nothing but impressed by them for years!
I have a chance to get Pirelli 205/55/16 for $55 a tire and $70 shipping. I live in Florida so its summer 11 months a year. They could go on the 6” wide rims and call it good.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
Which Model Pirelli tires are this inexpensive?
I have a chance to get Pirelli 205/55/16 for $55 a tire and $70 shipping. I live in Florida so its summer 11 months a year. They could go on the 6” wide rims and call it good.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Check the DOT date codes on those tires, may be old stock. Some tire shops won't install if more than 5 years old, even if tires are "new".
Your speedometer might read apx 1mph slower than actual speed at 60 mph, other than that shouldn't be any issues.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
I believe they are Cinturato p7
Wow, really good price( Too Good to be true :unsure:) I just replaced mine recently in the standard size and paid more installed and balanced with TPMS service kits applied at a local tire place after shopping around and having one tire place try to talk me out of them. I paid $548.70 total including taxes in VA.

I hope they are indeed the tires you think they are and are not really old stock, "used" , retreads or fakes. Normally both versions of the Cinturato P7s are over $100 a tire at least in the 195 /16 size.

Tires should be replaced every 5 years at minimum no matter the condition so if they are old stock, Don't install them they could look perfectly fine but be dry rotted and out of warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check the DOT date codes on those tires, may be old stock. Some tire shops won't install if more than 5 years old, even if tires are "new".
Your speedometer might read apx 1mph slower than actual speed at 60 mph, other than that shouldn't be any issues.
I will call and do that. Thanks for the heads up.
OK. They are $55.50 a tire and are high performance with a warranty for 25,000. I am a very conservative, laid back driver. No need for HP. The hunt continues. Long lasting and quiet are my 2 must haves.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires at least the ones I bought have supposedly a 70K warranty these are the ones I bought

Sounds like they gave you the wrong model name for the tires. Even more suspicious.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
In my opinion something about this is not right. Pirelli tires ( no matter the model) for $55.50 a tire is way too low. It is some kind of a ripoff. High performance makes it even less true usually High Performance tires are even more expensive.

As I said Too Good To Be True!

I'd get them if they aren't old.. sounds like a deal to me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts