Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I tinted the tail lights on my Z this weekend, used VHT Nightshade in the can and also used clear coating over them when done. I masked off the reverse light and left it clear, and also masked off the brake light section and turn light section. Once the first two coats were on I then removed the turn and brake light mask and tinted those as well. During the day it looks nice and dark but lights up really well when you hit the brakes or use the turn light. It looks really good at night as well so hopefully the cops wont say to much to me around here... I also added some red glow to the front grill, think it looks pretty good. It is only for car show use since driving with these lights on is illegal in Arkansas... so opinions? :)

-R

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Opinions? I have never understood why someone would want to make it harder for someone to see that they are needing to brake. The light looks very 1990's.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what light looks very 1990's? yeah well the red glow looks better in person and the light is hidden well enough you can see it.. it was reflecting down with the angle I took the pic at. As for the Tint, in daylight you can see the lights very very well, especially the turn and brake portion because of the way I did the masking and then tinting so its really not that bad... thank you for the opinions though :)

-RaVen

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at most of the cars shows I have been to recently in this region exterior glow is on the scorecard when the cars are judged. I chose red because I plan to use it as the accent color on the car and it goes well with it being black. The lights are not used when the car is on the road because that is both illegal and stupid so its only for show use anyway... thanks for the opinion though.

-RaVen

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
tints look good, too dark for my liking. im actually getting mines done, found a guy who mixes the tint with a clear and sprays them, so it has a nice gloss to it. im going just slight tint more of a smoke. as for the neon light, thats fail, im sorry but its to F&F late 90's, idk what car shows u go too but thats played out.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I bet it looks nice in person. I know at the upcoming car shows I plan on attending they score for interior and exterior lighting. Neons are out, LED's and custom lighting is in. I may do something similar with blue lights keeping with my theme, but I think it will be much more subtle than what you did.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I prefer the normal nightshade look but the shine also looks good.. a buddy of mine does auto paint and he tinted his tails shine black but its just not for me. As for the red glow, one led strip (not neon tube) hardly makes it fast and furious ****, you could even say if it does do any mods to a car makes it fast and furious crap. Turbos, graphics, spoilers, lip and body kits, stereos the list goes on, all of it was in that franchise so if thats the thing u think of when u see someone mod their car then well the franchises is working because u wont stop thinking about it or mentioning it... in any event i will 100% agree with any statements about lambo crap doors or lawn chair wings that serve no function being junk.. if all cars were meant to look the same we would all get lost in the parking lot and never find our cars.. as for what car shows? Last one i went to was Scion Winterfest Dec 2010 (i had a scion before the crz) lots of led and lights on the cars, had buddies go to several shows since then and many cars have leds and these are not tiny lil car shows with 5 cars and a cooler out at some park... anyway thanks for the opinions as always each of us have our own styles and ideas on how our cars should look, thats what makes them unique and interesting.

-RaVen

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes red is under the hood, i tucked the led strips up under the fenders so they are hidden.. only did one on each side as i do not want to over do it.. i have seen some cars with tons more but not my thing. I agree neons are out, leds seem to be the big thing. Last show i was at my buddies tC got marked down because he had no interior or exterior lighting mods or leds.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like how the OP asked for people's opinions on the mods, then proceeds to tell those who dislike them why they are wrong. And then thanks them for their contribution anyways.
If its the response to the fast and furious part i simply added if u call leds fast and furious crap u could call any car mod that... as for the lights part i corrected that its leds not neon tube as their is a difference.

-R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.