Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a pretty sweet OEM+ steering wheel in my FiST but the place I got it from didnt have CRZ wheels listed..

Been looking around and today found a place I hadnt seen before..

Its a bit steep but a plain oem wheel is just as much if not more and these look pretty sweet.

I have A LOT of projects to catch up on with both my cars but I think Im adding this to the list.

·
This space deliberately left blank
2,453 Posts
So I have a pretty sweet OEM+ steering wheel in my FiST but the place I got it from didnt have CRZ wheels listed..

Been looking around and today found a place I hadnt seen before..

Its a bit steep but a plain oem wheel is just as much if not more and these look pretty sweet.

I have A LOT of projects to catch up on with both my cars but I think Im adding this to the list.
you have a 2016, right? the mounting points are different for that year. @tikeybun had a lot of issues getting his Lecce wheel to go on, and I think ultimately hasn't installed it yet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you have a 2016, right? the mounting points are different for that year. @tikeybun had a lot of issues getting his Lecce wheel to go on, and I think ultimately hasn't installed it yet.
Yup 2016. I'll have to ask a few questions and make sure their wheel will in fact fit before blindly buying. Appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used a wrap from East Coast detailing. Suede top/bottom and perforated leather on the sides with a gray centering stripe on top. Had some practice doing my HCH3 wheel, removed them to stitch the cover. Had to use contact cement on the z's wheel because of how the spokes are. I'm pretty happy with it. Got pics in my build thread.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,415 Posts
Yup 2016. I'll have to ask a few questions and make sure their wheel will in fact fit before blindly buying. Appreciate the heads up.
Please find out. I might end up selling my Lecce and getting that one if you can confirm fitment with a 2016 CRZ. The clockspring nub on the 16 is in a different location then 11-15. Its not just a simple clockspring swap either as the connections are in different locations.

Reactions: Agent4834

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please find out. I might end up selling my Lecce and getting that one if you can confirm fitment with a 2016 CRZ. The clockspring nub on the 16 is in a different location then 11-15. Its not just a simple clockspring swap either as the connections are in different locations.
Font Terrestrial plant Slope Science Circle

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Darkness Rectangle

I did contact them about fitment with a 2016. It didn't however provide any clarity unfortunately.

I would hate to end up with an $800 paper weight.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,415 Posts
View attachment 68580
View attachment 68581

I did contact them about fitment with a 2016. It didn't however provide any clarity unfortunately.

I would hate to end up with an $800 paper weight.
I can probably take my steering wheel off and take some pictures of the clockspring and send it to them. The 16 year model is so unique that some stuff does not work from the older models.

• Helpful
Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used a wrap from East Coast detailing. Suede top/bottom and perforated leather on the sides with a gray centering stripe on top. Had some practice doing my HCH3 wheel, removed them to stitch the cover. Had to use contact cement on the z's wheel because of how the spokes are. I'm pretty happy with it. Got pics in my build thread.
I am considering this route now. I may have an upholstery shop do it up for me as I will undoubtedly make it look like Homer Simpson tried to do it..

I do like the fattened up thumb grooves but that eastcoast cover is clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts