Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2016 CR-Z for about a month now, and I loaded up some songs on a thumb drive. I put the thumb drive in one of the USB ports, started playing a song just great. However, when I turn off the car and then restart it, I get a Device Not Found message. I can unplug the drive, plug it back in, and it starts playing where it left off. I thought maybe if I changed the source and went back to the USB it would work. Nope. Still got the Device Not Found message. Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be the type of drive I am using, which is a SanDisk 2Gb Cruzer? I have connected my iPod and I do not have this issue. I would prefer to use a thumb drive, though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
407 Posts
Seems like some hardware compatibility issue. I’d recommend using a dedicated music player like an old iPod. I bought a used iPod Classic for this sole purpose.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Seems like some hardware compatibility issue. I’d recommend using a dedicated music player like an old iPod. I bought a used iPod Classic for this sole purpose.
Yep. That was my solution too--I recall having the same issue when I first got my CR-Z too, but haven't tried a thumb drive since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might see if I can pick up one one the cheap. I'm also thinking about trying different thumb drive. It might be something about the Cruzer that makes it incompatible. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had my 2016 CR-Z for about a month now, and I loaded up some songs on a thumb drive. I put the thumb drive in one of the USB ports, started playing a song just great. However, when I turn off the car and then restart it, I get a Device Not Found message. I can unplug the drive, plug it back in, and it starts playing where it left off. I thought maybe if I changed the source and went back to the USB it would work. Nope. Still got the Device Not Found message. Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be the type of drive I am using, which is a SanDisk 2Gb Cruzer? I have connected my iPod and I do not have this issue. I would prefer to use a thumb drive, though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I was using some 16GB drives I got off Amazon. Probably once a week it would say NO USB or whatever it does and I'd have to unplug and re-plug the USB drive. Then I switched to an iPhone 13 so now I just plug that in and stream music.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
407 Posts
Duh... you bought a used iPod Classic for the sole purpose of playing music in the car but you plug your iPhone in every time for music? And you recommend buying an old iPod even though you use your iPhone?
I like having the flexibility of a dedicated music player on days where I don’t feel like taking my phone. Not sure why I have to explain my purchasing decisions to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI NAXA makes a Bluetooth receiver for $10 that plugs into the USB in the front cubby. The you can just use your phone's Bluetooth and not have to worry about it. NAXA NAB-4003 is the model number. There's better quality ones out there for a little more money. But this one is 7/10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.