Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the BLF CAI for a little over 2 weeks now. It is really a great intake. When I first got the intake, I did not have time to install the whole thing, so I had it on as the SRI. I did notice a difference between the stock and the SRI. It sounded great, but I did not notice a huge difference in performance. The weekend hit and I got the rest of the intake on. It was not too difficult to install and the placement of the filter is tucked back and seems pretty safe from driving through puddles and rivers that Florida roads turn into when it rains. After the install, it brought that car to life. I am averaging about .8 more mpgs out of the car than I was before when driving normally, and when I am hooning around, there is a noticeable power increase. I feel like it gets rid of the entire hybrid feel to the car. The car does not lull in eco mode anymore. It feels like a normal car now. Black Label Fabrication put together a heck of an intake.

· Registered
378 Posts
where can i find instructions on installing this?

and i know how to install these in my sleep on my s13
but the crz's air box looks a bit more complex

i got mine yesterday and i just dont wanna fu** anything up

· Registered
2,488 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
I would of bought Steve's intake already but I don't have the balls to run with a cai without a safety bypass filter. I've lived in south Florida all my life and the floods can get stupid ridiculous. I've also seen too many hydro locked motors with just stock intakes and puddles that aren't avoidable.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't think you'll have a problem with hydrolock on this intake unless you're driving through a lake or something. It's pretty well hidden away. I'm not saying that it's not impossible, but I was pretty impressed by it's placement.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would of bought Steve's intake already but I don't have the balls to run with a cai without a safety bypass filter. I've lived in south Florida all my life and the floods can get stupid ridiculous. I've also seen too many hydro locked motors with just stock intakes and puddles that aren't avoidable.
Why don't you just pick up an AEM bypass valve for this then?

· Registered
35 Posts
Why not just run the SRI on cloudy/overcast days (weather channel is your friend)? Or just save the CAI for spirited driving on sunny days? I mean really, you get two intakes for the price of one...excuses, however, are unlimited.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not just run the SRI on cloudy/overcast days (weather channel is your friend)? Or just save the CAI for spirited driving on sunny days? I mean really, you get two intakes for the price of one...excuses, however, are unlimited.
Living in Florida for the past 14 years, I've seen it pour rain on the one side of the street while it's fine on the other. When it says 30% chance of rain, it can be a beautiful day where you start out and have a flooded street a few streets over.

With the placement of the filter, you have to take off your wheel well, so it's a bit of a pain to do it often. However, I do believe that there is enough give where you could slip a HKS style filter in between the two intake pipes.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Living in Florida for the past 14 years, I've seen it pour rain on the one side of the street while it's fine on the other. When it says 30% chance of rain, it can be a beautiful day where you start out and have a flooded street a few streets over.

With the placement of the filter, you have to take off your wheel well, so it's a bit of a pain to do it often. However, I do believe that there is enough give where you could slip a HKS style filter in between the two intake pipes.
X2 it rains in my backyard and not the front all the time. As for the bypass filter, is there enough room to fit one between the 2 pipes? The hks filter would be another option as well good point. And we just had constant rain all day on sat, we haven't had that in awhile. Also what size is the intake pipe diameter so I can look into the bypass valve or hks filter. If I can figure out a fail safe and it actually works ill get this intake. I dont drive in lakes/puddles but sometimes they are unavoidable.I've always just had sri's.

· Registered
36 Posts
Are any of your cars Automatic?? I cant seem to get the cold air part installed. The SRI is fine but I cant see how the tube is going to fit up from the bottom with the trans lines in the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.