Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets make sure HONDA knows they have a problem, and they cant keep saying they never heard of the problem. Lets have proof they know the problem.

For those with broken fog lights, it is hard to believe dealers and American HONDA know nothing of this problem, THEY SAY, but it has been going on since at least 2002 with HONDA and ACURA.

If you contact American Honda and get a case opened, just post hear that you have done it that way when others contact them and they say they haven't heard of the problem you can give them proof they know.

If you have TWITTER contact American Honda, they will set up a case for you and a rep will contact you.

Honda Customer Svc (HondaCustSvc) on Twitter

OR

CALL: 1-800-999-1009
6am-5pm Pacific Time Mon - Fri.

I have done it my car is at the dealer right now.

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
JCRAMIN THANK YOU SO MUCH! My fog lense glass broke at 2k and I took my CRZ back to the dealer who replaced it on "goodfaith" for no charge. Had my tint installer also do my fog lense glass with 3M "bright yellow" and so far I've had no further problem. BUT never say never!!!! I called Honda a few minutes ago and I have a case number. Person from Honda was very interested and professional. Explained to me SHE would insure Honda corporate gets informed of the percentage of forum CRZ owners that have broken lamps. Please EVERYONE CALL!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I finally just got around to calling the 1-800# for American Honda.

I told the girl that we noticed that the fog lights had cracked after owning the car a few weeks, but that we didn't do anything about it, and now they've gotten progressively worse, to the point that there is a large chunk missing out of the glass on the driver's side fog light. I also mentioned I had done some research online and that this is pretty much the only consistant complaint about the CRZ.

She was really nice about it. She said the first step is to take it to my dealership "to be diagnosed," and that they should fix it for no charge, since it's within the warranty period, and then she gave me a case number. She said "worst case" if the dealership won't help us to call back & reference the case number & that they will help us (directly through American Honda customer service).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I just received my final NO from Honda. They are not going to replace my broken foglight. Apparently they are not aware that there is an issue with broken lights Lol. I love my CRZ but this experience has really turned me off to Honda. I would not recommend buying a car at Sreater-Smith Honda in Conroe, Texas, as I know that there are other dealers in the Houston area that have taken care of their customers with broken fog lights.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Honda has to be aware of the issue, considering it's been happening on other models like the TSX, Accord, Fit etc for even longer (many years).

Eventually the dealers will just stop replacing them for free, and until we see a service bulletin with new parts, the fog lights you (or the dealer) replace them with will also break just the same. Getting them replaced by the dealership is not a resolution, it's a temporary band-aid.

With the fact that it has been happening for years on many of their models, I highly doubt Honda is about to change the manufacturing and materials used, to release new lenses for all the models affected, or even just the CR-Z.

Both of mine are broken at approximately 30 days of owning the car. I'm not about to give myself a headache trying to get a dealership to replace them when they'll just break again unless one spends more money on protective films which will need to be replaced over time and will just cause the housings and lenses to get even hotter, with no guarantee that they'll actually prevent the lenses from cracking.

These are just my realistic thoughts on the matter.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.