Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been eye balling the Red and Yellow CR-Z's online that have Black colored tops. I want one, but mine is currently a nice steel grey that has really grown on me. I love the bright red color that I see often, coupled with the black top. How much would it be to cover the car in a wrap like that? Like the nice shiny or glossy red with the black top. Also, about the rear tail tints, I am planning on doing a little black paint or ink job to the lining of the tail light cover itself to lose the grey or white color that looks out of place, but also I want to try one of those tint strips or whatever that people use. I don't like the full black or full dark ones, I just wanna get rid of the white stripe. Any ideas? Thanks! On a side note red calipers are on my wish list, if anyone knows the go with them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

Taillight liner.

The 2-tone black roof/ red or yellow body was an option outside of the US. Not sure where you're from, but wrap prices vary a lot here in the US.

This is an easy way to get red calipers for the rear, and then order Acura RSX-S calipers for the front if you're in the US, "Integra DC5" Type S or Type R

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Taillight liner.

The 2-tone black roof/ red or yellow body was an option outside of the US. Not sure where you're from, but wrap prices vary a lot here in the US.

This is an easy way to get red calipers for the rear, and then order Acura RSX-S calipers for the front if you're in the US, "Integra DC5" Type S or Type R
Wow thank you! lol that’s awesome, i’m on Long Island so pretty upset about the two tone not being available, I really love it but it makes sense I’ve only seen it in british car reviews, thank you so much though I will definitely look into this!!

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
I used to live on Long Island and there are plenty of places you can get quotes for Wraps or PPF or anything you want to do. If you live near Uniondale and need body work talk to Viper Collision I have known them for years and they did the repair when The Speed Bump was hit in a hit and run and other family cars. You may even want to talk to them about a professional repaint. They are very honest and very good it is a small shop so getting them to work on your car is a little bit of a scheduling issue but worth the wait.

Wow thank you! lol that’s awesome, i’m on Long Island so pretty upset about the two tone not being available, I really love it but it makes sense I’ve only seen it in british car reviews, thank you so much though I will definitely look into this!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Taillight liner.

Great video, i didnt realise how easy it was to remove the tail lights, mine have a bit of gunk built up around some of the same area as the youtuber painted, so i can clean it up easily and the black outline looks way better, on the mod list for sure
Oh heck yeah! I have pollen and all that tree crap stuck in there too. Maybe the black will hide whatever gets stuck in there after!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to live on Long Island and there are plenty of places you can get quotes for Wraps or PPF or anything you want to do. If you live near Uniondale and need body work talk to Viper Collision I have known them for years and they did the repair when The Speed Bump was hit in a hit and run and other family cars. You may even want to talk to them about a professional repaint. They are very honest and very good it is a small shop so getting them to work on your car is a little bit of a scheduling issue but worth the wait.
Thanks a bunch, I will certainly check that out. Seems about 48 minutes from me, thank god! Its always a pain finding out reviews on shops like these, so thankfully you've been there. Most of the ones near me are not as friendly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
With the wraps: since much like detailing, anyone can do it, but there are some skills and tools which increase the quality, and then you can quickly get into the realm of not just a Detailer but a high End Auto Spa, prices can vary Greatly.

With a 3M wrap and a guy I trust who backs his work up with a warrenty, It cost me $1100 to get mine done. While the CRZ is a smaller car the Front and rear Bumpers are not exactly easy, so you may not get much of a Discount from a Full size vehicle.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
With the wraps: since much like detailing, anyone can do it, but there are some skills and tools which increase the quality, and then you can quickly get into the realm of not just a Detailer but a high End Auto Spa, prices can vary Greatly.

With a 3M wrap and a guy I trust who backs his work up with a warrenty, It cost me $1100 to get mine done. While the CRZ is a smaller car the Front and rear Bumpers are not exactly easy, so you may not get much of a Discount from a Full size vehicle.
Your wrap was also the inverse of what he wants, lol. You started with a black roof already, he wants to change his roof to black.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Possibly, I understood he wanted two tone and not the grey.

But that certainly would be less material, time, and challenge. So the price should be less, but I'd spend a little more for Quality wrap up there on the roof just for anti fading purposes.

Just you will find wrap prices from materials only with a hairdryer and credit card for application. To 2k for the guys who specilize in chrome wraps on garage queen Vettes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So took mine off and gave all of it a good clean up and silicon sprayed all the black plastics, alot of dirt and dust caked everywhere.

Turns out mine seem to have an outline of sorts already so i dont think i need the mod.

JPEG_20190829_184507.jpg

I can't get all of the gunk out without unsealing the whole unit so ive flushed it a few times with cleaner and its good enough

1 - 13 of 13 Posts