Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Why pay an annual fee that is perpetual and higher than normal registration. But if you want to do that, why not. I wanted the most random plates could get and refuse to pay extra for piece of metal that has an annual high charge. I thought about the clean energy plates for VA as they allow you to drive in the High Occupancy lane with fewer people in the car and not pay the toll but the CR-Z being a 2 seater does not qualify, and I think they ended that program.

I am for saving as much money as I can. The CR-Z is part of my plan for that.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i wouldn't ever get custom plates either. This was just supposed to be a joke.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
22 Posts
Yeah, $200 in taxes can be spent on better taxes. Oh wait Texas doesn't play that game now on things made in TX that stay in TX.
Hey I had vanity plates!! I thought they were great! They weren't all that expensive.
When I registered this car, I opted to get new (regular) plates.
As a System Admin I came up with the very clever plate of ERRRROR

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey I had vanity plates!! I thought they were great! They weren't all that expensive.
When I registered this car, I opted to get new (regular) plates.
As a System Admin I came up with the very clever plate of ERRRROR
Also a sysadmin here. This car really draws in the IT crowd.

I see sysadmin plates all the time. Some clever, some explain the means to own the expensive vehicle.

I was more going on about an old tax stamp still in place today that hasn't updated the price since inception. Perhaps a more fun and useful elective tax than a vanity plate.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The only vanity plates I have, if you can refer to them as such, are my ham radio callsign plates (not on the Z, already have them on another vehicle and you can only have one set) which are very cheap in NY State. I would not spend the money for actual NY vanity plates, not worth what the state charges and I already give them enough involuntarily.
It is fun to look at others' plates though.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The only vanity plates I have, if you can refer to them as such, are my ham radio callsign plates (not on the Z, already have them on another vehicle and you can only have one set) which are very cheap in NY State. I would not spend the money for actual NY vanity plates, not worth what the state charges and I already give them enough involuntarily.
It is fun to look at others' plates though.
You dang hammies are why I can't have K24Z7 or K24A2. Plates starting with K are reserved for you guys.

Guess I can't be too mad, hammies are going to be really important when SHTF and the regular communication network comes screeching to a halt.

·
Registered
478 Posts
But those aren't even valid ham calls so that's a stupid rule. What about other letters, K isn't the only ham prefix.
The whole SHTF/Emcomm thing is pretty much outdated these days with a more robust grid and other communication options. At least domestically, it's rare for conms to be down for very long with more resilient networks, mobile cell sites, satellite etc. It's just a fun hobby with lots of cool stuff to play with. Yes we are capable of setting up point to point comms with just radios, a power source and antennas but when we do it's usually for fun.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
But those aren't even valid ham calls so that's a stupid rule. What about other letters, K isn't the only ham prefix.
The whole SHTF/Emcomm thing is pretty much outdated these days with a more robust grid and other communication options. At least domestically, it's rare for conms to be down for very long with more resilient networks, mobile cell sites, satellite etc. It's just a fun hobby with lots of cool stuff to play with. Yes we are capable of setting up point to point comms with just radios, a power source and antennas but when we do it's usually for fun.
Still a good skill to have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Indiana is a great place for plates. Vanity plates I think are only $40? Used to be, anyway. I've never actually had them. But they do offer an absolutely enormous selection of specialty plates. Like, way more than most states offer as far as I know. Here's a list:

Anyway I opted for environmental tags. They are baby blue, which complements my north shore blue pearl CRZ quite well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Indiana is a great place for plates. Vanity plates I think are only $40? Used to be, anyway. I've never actually had them. But they do offer an absolutely enormous selection of specialty plates. Like, way more than most states offer as far as I know. Here's a list:

Anyway I opted for environmental tags. They are baby blue, which complements my north shore blue pearl CRZ quite well.
Yes it’s around $3-45$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts