Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
2801 - 2802 of 2802 Posts

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Speaking of the squeak noise people here have described, I actually heard it when I tried to add a little bit more spacer (using 2 small washers) in between the two aluminum pieces. I took them out as soon as I started to hear what sounded like bird noises, then the noise went away. But the auto tensioner noise tapping on the stopping plate is an entirely different noise.

Let me know what the Bando part number is for the belt you currently have.
I believe its a Bando 4pk1680 belt. Gates supposedly sells the same belt part but I've been unable to locate the Gates belt. I believe Your issue is most definitely a stretched belt. Replace it with a new Bando belt and you should be good. If you need I can send you my spare Bando belt to try out. So far I've had no issues with my bando belt.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
310 Posts
There were very few websites that even offer the Bando 4pk1680, I just ended up ordering one from Texas Belting and Supply website. I actually could not find the Gates 4pk1680, it could be discontinued.

EDIT: Got the new Bando belt, I'll eventually try it out and see if it fixes my auto tensioner tapping noise issue.

EDIT#2: Installed the new Bando 4pk1680 belt. The differences were that it was a little shorter than the Sprintex kit provided one, this made it way more difficult to put on. I realized that the aluminum spacers were not needed at this time since it was already real tight, and I did not want to stretch it. I also noticed that the tension marker was way on the bottom this time without the spacer. The new belt as of right now has solved the auto tensioner issue hitting the internal stopping plate.

EDIT#3: New belt is doing great after a month, I eventually needed to add 1 small aluminum spacer to maintain the gap for the belt not hitting that one part, forgot what it was called. And also, the noise I use to get still does not happen. The tension line right now is slightly below the middle line.

2801 - 2802 of 2802 Posts