·
Registered
2015 Sprintex CRZ Base 6MT
42 Posts
Maybe not even a whole 3"

View attachment 67381

That placement puts it right about here relative to the sprintex:

View attachment 67382

We also determined that this would need the middle 2 vanes of the vent to be trimmed in order to clear the body of the supercharger about like so:
View attachment 67383
This is super super helpful! Thank you! I’m planning on trying to get it all done this weekend so we’ll see how it goes!

Have to measure and tape probably 10 times to make sure it’s all symmetrical. I really like these louvers though, glad that the bolts will be hidden once it’s on the car too- will look really clean.

Have you given thought to what the best method to cut the vent vanes might be?

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
This is super super helpful! Thank you! I’m planning on trying to get it all done this weekend so we’ll see how it goes!

Have to measure and tape probably 10 times to make sure it’s all symmetrical. I really like these louvers though, glad that the bolts will be hidden once it’s on the car too- will look really clean.

Have you given thought to what the best method to cut the vent vanes might be?
I decided that it was best to only run the one vent, but symmetry is definitely a bonus for some lol.

as far as cutting the vanes, a dremel or die grinder would do fine, just not the same bit/wheel/etc as you used on the hood... don't want to mix steel and aluminum tools.

definitely wait to trim them until you have the hood shut and can see exactly which vanes need trimmed, and then do it a little at a time - you want to leave as much material as possible, even if that means having an irregular shape.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
Id compare to the Seibon VS style hood with the side vents. Those vents are placed in a good spot for sooling effeciancy. One vent is right on top of the intake and the other vent is right on top of the SC gear box.
they actually aren't in a great spot for targeted heat extraction. this is about where the vents in the seibon VS hood sit:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

they do a decent job of lowering engine bay temps, but I having airflow directly over the sprintex body will keep it very well cooled, especially since the vent in the location where the Verus guy and I settled on puts the vent more solidly behind the air inlets in the grille... means more directly flowing air, so faster and less turbulent.

One of the reasons yours works so well is that the vent is directly over 1/2 of the blower.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
225 Posts
Do you think it's worth halting my Sprintex install until I get my hands on the Seibon VSII-style carbon fiber hood? Every place is saying it would be a 3-4 month wait for the special order. Right now, the weather is looking to be in the high 90's or low 100 degree F for quite some time. Or would it be fine under the OEM hood for driving to my job in slow ass traffic with the heat? I'm thinking it won't be great to do so until I have a proper air vent.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do you think it's worth halting my Sprintex install until I get my hands on the Seibon VSII-style carbon fiber hood? Every place is saying it would be a 3-4 month wait for the special order. Right now, the weather is looking to be in the high 90's or low 100 degree F for quite some time. Something tells me I should put in the order and wait.
Just put on the vent kit that @96firephoenix suggested and that will cure a good amount of the oil consumption. You could also do some custom vents on your stock hood instead of getting a Seibon hood.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
225 Posts
Just put on the vent kit that @96firephoenix suggested and that will cure a good amount of the oil consumption. You could also do some custom vents on your stock hood instead of getting a Seibon hood.
I'll probably just put in the special order for the hood you are using, I can wait it out.

EDIT: Actually that's just it, I still have to confirm it works so that I may proceed with a special order. I'm sure the SC will be fine with the OEM hood until the CB hood arrives. I don't push the CR-Z too hard, only when I need to get up to speed really.

2701 - 2708 of 2708 Posts