Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
2561 - 2571 of 2571 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
That looks like a better placement (than lower, and on the side like mine.)
I thought yours mounted into the fill hole... Maybe running the vent off the dipstick hole isn't a problem like I thought.

@tikeybun wanna drop a link to the vent? I still have my blower on the bench, so I can look at the design a little better and make some advice once I tear it apart.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I thought yours mounted into the fill hole... Maybe running the vent off the dipstick hole isn't a problem like I thought.

@tikeybun wanna drop a link to the vent? I still have my blower on the bench, so I can look at the design a little better and make some advice once I tear it apart.
Even better, would be to put the vent cap/plug in the uppermost hole--the fill hole(?). The ones for the Fit are mounted up across from the fill hole, and that works for them, but there is more hood clearance on the Fit than the CR-Z.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I just ordered a load of fittings for the oddball thread size on the fill port... gonna try to get something arranged, and then share my findings....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Even better, would be to put the vent cap/plug in the uppermost hole--the fill hole(?). The ones for the Fit are mounted up across from the fill hole, and that works for them, but there is more hood clearance on the Fit than the CR-Z.
The fill hole would be the best place for a vent plug. the vent plug I have doesnt fit flush in the dipstick hole because of the angle the dipstick sits in the hole. My main concern is seeing any amount of oil seepage or accelerated oil consumption from the SC. Ill keep an eye on my SC oil level over the next couple of days. it could certainly be nice if AJ is able to cobble something together that fits in the fill port.

Reactions: litz

·
Red&Black
6,040 Posts
I’m curious to hear how that plug vent works for you. I definitely have a major oil consumption problem if I drive the car any harder than a grandma.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I’m curious to hear how that plug vent works for you. I definitely have a major oil consumption problem if I drive the car any harder than a grandma.
It didn't work too well. It's sits at such a weird angle that I was leaking fluid from it after one drive cycle. AJ is working on something that threads into the fill hole to do the same thing and won't leak like my vent plug did.

Reactions: HondaHolly

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it still leaks oil instead of just vapors you could try running a hose off the port to a catch can instead. Looking forward to seeing if you can fix this once and for all!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If it still leaks oil instead of just vapors you could try running a hose off the port to a catch can instead. Looking forward to seeing if you can fix this once and for all!
A vented catch can for the Sprintex would be a solid upgrade and would help collect fluid that escapes the gear box.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Yes, but the Sprintex's oil capacity is sooooo miniscule that any noticeable amount of oil getting into the catch can is desperately needed inside the Sprintex for active lubrication. Of course, it will keep things tidy, but you'll have to keep a Hawkeye on oil levels. :)

2561 - 2571 of 2571 Posts