Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
2541 - 2553 of 2553 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am looking for a 70mm pulley if anybody has one for sale, hit me up :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am looking for a 70mm pulley if anybody has one for sale, hit me up :)
Have you tried contacting Sprintex to see if they have them available?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you tried contacting Sprintex to see if they have them available?
Yep, but don’t want to wait a month or two for shipping from Malaysia, I am hopping to find something quicker so I can install it next week

·
Super Moderator
7,331 Posts
I did a quick Google search and saw a few postings for 69 MM Sprintex pulleys. Are you sure 70 MM is not something special or unusual? The postings I saw were not for a CR-Z they were for the FR-S BRZ twins. Other postings state the 70 MM is the standard Sprintex pulley so what happened to yours? Lots of options for smaller ones to get more boost. I also saw many vendors for 70 MM Sprintex pulleys but they were for Mini Coopers not sure if all use the same attachment that might be another option to search for .

·
Registered
905 Posts
I did a quick Google search and saw a few postings for 69 MM Sprintex pulleys. Are you sure 70 MM is not something special or unusual? The postings I saw were not for a CR-Z they were for the FR-S BRZ twins. Other postings state the 70 MM is the standard Sprintex pulley so what happened to yours? Lots of options for smaller ones to get more boost. I also saw many vendors for 70 MM Sprintex pulleys but they were for Mini Coopers not sure if all use the same attachment that might be another option to search for .
The factory pulley size is a 77mm pulley. The upgraded pulley size is reduced to 70mm.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
86 Posts
69 mm would technically work, however as you mentioned, not all of them use the same attachment method sadly. The Honda ones were a little bit different.

Worse case I will take Tikeybun's and take it to a machine shop and get it replicated if I do not hear from Sprintex :)

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
2011, S, 6MT
8 Posts
Okay ive read a good chunk of the thread now and does seem that these working on an EU ECU is possible. So far ive taken in the following from various posts and just have a few questions

A weak point is the wiring and setting up without fault codes. Has anyone successfully managed this without constant fault codes with the piggyback ECU? And gotten this to faultlessly on a day to day basis?
Theres occasionally a metallic noise, are these just normal for this type of SC?
Apparently these are discontinued but cannot find anything that suggests this is true?
Everyone of the sprintex units in the UK have been installed without the piggyback ecu and opted for either Hondata or K-tuner. All of which i believe have been remapped by Paul West/TDI North

·
Registered
2011, S, 6MT
8 Posts
69 mm would technically work, however as you mentioned, not all of them use the same attachment method sadly. The Honda ones were a little bit different.

Worse case I will take Tikeybun's and take it to a machine shop and get it replicated if I do not hear from Sprintex :)
I've been waiting over a month for a response from Sprintex, i even bought shares in the company to get additional contact details, still no joy

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
I received my sprintex (romiata’s original from 2014) back from Jon Bond Performance today. It’s been gone almost 3 months (they are severely backlogged). I had sent it in for a rebuild with their custom rebuild kit, gaskets and whatnot. I figured it could use it considering how old this unit is. Turns out the gears were galled and he recommended replacing them before total failure!

I called Sprintex and they happen to still have gears for our unit! But there’s a plot twist - they are not sold separately. They are included with the “rotor pack”, aka “supercharger assembly up to gears, no nose”. P/N 245A1113 for $1705! After mulling it over for a week I decided to order it - the other option being returning to stock.

Now to wait for a good weekend to reinstall. I have no experience installing such complicated things so my fiancé will be doing most of it. Should take a couple hours I believe. Can’t wait to drive the S/C Mugen again!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I received my sprintex (romiata’s original from 2014) back from Jon Bond Performance today. It’s been gone almost 3 months (they are severely backlogged). I had sent it in for a rebuild with their custom rebuild kit, gaskets and whatnot. I figured it could use it considering how old this unit is. Turns out the gears were galled and he recommended replacing them before total failure!

I called Sprintex and they happen to still have gears for our unit! But there’s a plot twist - they are not sold separately. They are included with the “rotor pack”, aka “supercharger assembly up to gears, no nose”. P/N 245A1113 for $1705! After mulling it over for a week I decided to order it - the other option being returning to stock.

Now to wait for a good weekend to reinstall. I have no experience installing such complicated things so my fiancé will be doing most of it. Should take a couple hours I believe. Can’t wait to drive the S/C Mugen again!

View attachment 64375 View attachment 64376
Good luck! I took mine off on the 11 when I had the dipstick repaired. Took me almost 3 hours in the hot weather to remove. Wasn't too difficult to remove. When I reinstalled it the hardest part was routing the pulley belt but everything else was pretty easy for me.

Reactions: HondaHolly

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts

so I noticed on my Jon Bond Performance work log that he went ahead and replaced my dipstick because the head was stripped. I admit I have never changed or checked the oil myself on this, so I checked the drain and fill and those also aren’t great. The drain is almost round! I called sprintex and they dont think they have any to sell me nor do they usually sell them separately, but they will email me back with specs (thread pitch etc) if they can get them from the engineers.

Has anyone else had to replace their drain/fill plugs?

Also, any idea what the white stuff might be around the fill? A sealant?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Has anyone else had to replace their drain/fill plugs?
so I just looked at mine, and they are a little boogered up too. Probably from using a 6mm hex key instead of a 1/4" hex key.

I measured the threads on the drain/fill plugs after our conversation yesterday - they are actually 1/4"NPT (pipe thread).

These are a good match for the material used by Sprintex: Amazon.com: Mardatt 10Pcs 1/4" NPT Plug Pipe Plug Fitting Carbon Steel Male Thread Internal Allen Head Pipe Plug Set: Home Improvement

I might put a magnetized one on the drain just to catch any fuzz.

2541 - 2553 of 2553 Posts