Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive been investigating this option for a potential purchase. Wouldn’t be an immediate install but sounds like a great option for a fun daily driver that would not particularly stress the engine.
Was it ever confirmed if these had ceased production as their website suggests otherwise.
Partly drawn to this due to easier install and lower cost, plus good torque curve lower down the rev range.
If anyone has fitted this how has long term reliability been? My concern would be Sprintex no longer supporting this kit if anything goes wrong later down the line.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ive been investigating this option for a potential purchase. Wouldn’t be an immediate install but sounds like a great option for a fun daily driver that would not particularly stress the engine.
Was it ever confirmed if these had ceased production as their website suggests otherwise.
Partly drawn to this due to easier install and lower cost, plus good torque curve lower down the rev range.
If anyone has fitted this how has long term reliability been? My concern would be Sprintex no longer supporting this kit if anything goes wrong later down the line.
I've had my kit on for almost 2 years and so far no issues. There is a shop in Iowa John Bond that does rebuilds and repairs on Sprintex units if you ever have an issue. I had him repair a cross threaded dipstick on mine and it's been great ever since.

Reactions: HondaHolly

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had my kit on for almost 2 years and so far no issues. There is a shop in Iowa John Bond that does rebuilds and repairs on Sprintex units if you ever have an issue. I had him repair a cross threaded dipstick on mine and it's been great ever since.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately im based in Uk but if its doable then im sure theres uk based companies that can do it. Ive definitely seen the kit available through a few vendors.
How do you find the kit over stock, I understand it doesn’t offer the full whack 200hp but sounds like some healthy gains can be had (id rather trade power for reliability really). Was it also difficult to install?
It sounds like the most straightforward installation of all the chargers available.

·
Red&Black
6,025 Posts
I got my jonbondperformance supercharger rebuild kit in the mail today. I’m going to have my favorite local shop do it for me when the salt is washed off the roads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got my jonbondperformance supercharger rebuild kit in the mail today. I’m going to have my favorite local shop do it for me when the salt is washed off the roads. View attachment 63731
Interesting there is a kit for refurbishment. Do you have the Sprintex and how long have you had it for?
Just keen to know as they look like a really good option for the crz while not having to do a large amount of work to the car.
Is it straight forward to fit, i heard there is some wiring involved.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Interesting there is a kit for refurbishment. Do you have the Sprintex and how long have you had it for?
Just keen to know as they look like a really good option for the crz while not having to do a large amount of work to the car.
Is it straight forward to fit, i heard there is some wiring involved.
Thanks.
@Ads22 , in case you missed it, there's a very informative thread with over 2500 posts called "the Sprintex thread" you may want to read from the beginning...😉

·
Red&Black
6,025 Posts
I have user romiata’s crz. He was first on the forum (maybe the world?) to install the sprintex onto a crz. I have owned the car since 2017 and have been meaning to read through his build thread. So however long ago the sprintex came out, that’s how old mine is pretty much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have user romiata’s crz. He was first on the forum (maybe the world?) to install the sprintex onto a crz. I have owned the car since 2017 and have been meaning to read through his build thread. So however long ago the sprintex came out, that’s how old mine is pretty much.
Quite a while then!! Yes Ive now seen his original post! How do you find it drives over stock? Sounds like great fun I love the sound of these superchargers.
From ive seen though there is some issues with mapping on Europe models, unless ive not read far enough into the thread and this has been solved!?

·
Red&Black
6,025 Posts
Quite a while then!! Yes Ive now seen his original post! How do you find it drives over stock? Sounds like great fun I love the sound of these superchargers.
From ive seen though there is some issues with mapping on Europe models, unless ive not read far enough into the thread and this has been solved!?
I have another crz, it’s NA. The S/C’ed one definitely is way zippier and more fun to drive. Sounds really cool too, haha.

The sprintex kit originally came with a piggyback system using a 5th injector. I think that’s what people had trouble with in different areas of the world, if I recall correctly. But most people are using Hondata (2011-2012) or Ktuner (2013-2015) to run the sprintex. You would have to look on their websites to see if they support your specific EDM ecu

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have another crz, it’s NA. The S/C’ed one definitely is way zippier and more fun to drive. Sounds really cool too, haha.

The sprintex kit originally came with a piggyback system using a 5th injector. I think that’s what people had trouble with in different areas of the world, if I recall correctly. But most people are using Hondata (2011-2012) or Ktuner (2013-2015) to run the sprintex. You would have to look on their websites to see if they support your specific EDM ecu
Great to hear. And ive seen that you can potentially can extract about 170-180 with extra mods which i think would suit this car very nicely. Many seem to say if youre only doing one mod then this is it.
The only other weakness i think id like to sort if i get one is the bodyroll but it handles nicely despite this.
I think probably best to contact Sonic Motor or Sprintex to be safe as not many other here seem to have fitted it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Okay ive read a good chunk of the thread now and does seem that these working on an EU ECU is possible. So far ive taken in the following from various posts and just have a few questions

A weak point is the wiring and setting up without fault codes. Has anyone successfully managed this without constant fault codes with the piggyback ECU? And gotten this to faultlessly on a day to day basis?
Theres occasionally a metallic noise, are these just normal for this type of SC?
Apparently these are discontinued but cannot find anything that suggests this is true?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks nice. Custom paint? Any issues with the hood closing? I hope the tuning goes well, that will open up the door for 2016 owners.
Thanks! I got it that way and yes previous owner had it painted. Hoping all goes well with tuning, currently working with a tunning company. Fingers crossed

2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts