Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
2501 - 2520 of 2553 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems this guy sold his supercharger. I am also looking for the sprintex kit, Is there anyone selling or know anybody selling?

·
Registered
194 Posts
If KTuner, you'll need to get in touch with an authorized dealer who has a dyno... I went to Innovative MotorWorks in PA. (Where are you located?)
Hello Litz,
How are you? I hope everything is good.
I had been a while since I posted here, but I am thinking of migrating to K-tuner now.
AEM had no longer produce AEM F/IC-6 and I worry if someday my AEM F/IC-6 broke...
Innovative MotorWorks tuner is Derek, right? Did you do e-tuning or dyno tuning for the K-Tuner?
How is your overall experience? how many tuning files iteration did it take you to properly tuned?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Hello Litz,
... I am thinking of migrating to K-tuner now....
Hi there! I haven't been posting too much either, but I've been quite busy with work and general "outside" work on the house, so the CR-Z barely get out but a couple times a week. I hope the Fit's running like a champ.
I took my car over there, to IMV, and Derek did the dyno tune. Spent a half-a-day on the dyno, followed by a road tune. I think it was about a five hour trip back from his shop, and I got a DTC near the end of the trip. I forget exactly what the code was, but I think the MAP was bugging out from see more than N/A boost. Within a few days after that, James at KTuner, updated my software for the fix and I think there might have been another update after that, but it's been good ever since.... I've heard of some people having success with the e-tune, but I don't know if that's a more drawn out process, what with sending files back and forth.

I will go back to Derek, whenever I get around to doing more engine/intake/exhaust mods, but everything has been running solid. So, if anyone needs a tune by using KTuner, I highly recommend taking it to him (or have him set-up an e-tune.) I only went with KTuner because I thought the piggyback might leave me high and dry someday, so you're on the right path for some peace of mind. :) Just give Derek a call and order the tuner from him and tell him about your set-up and goals.
Nice hearing from ya again!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi there! I haven't been posting too much either, but I've been quite busy with work and general "outside" work on the house, so the CR-Z barely get out but a couple times a week. I hope the Fit's running like a champ.
I took my car over there, to IMV, and Derek did the dyno tune. Spent a half-a-day on the dyno, followed by a road tune. I think it was about a five hour trip back from his shop, and I got a DTC near the end of the trip. I forget exactly what the code was, but I think the MAP was bugging out from see more than N/A boost. Within a few days after that, James at KTuner, updated my software for the fix and I think there might have been another update after that, but it's been good ever since.... I've heard of some people having success with the e-tune, but I don't know if that's a more drawn out process, what with sending files back and forth.

I will go back to Derek, whenever I get around to doing more engine/intake/exhaust mods, but everything has been running solid. So, if anyone needs a tune by using KTuner, I highly recommend taking it to him (or have him set-up an e-tune.) I only went with KTuner because I thought the piggyback might leave me high and dry someday, so you're on the right path for some peace of mind. :) Just give Derek a call and order the tuner from him and tell him about your set-up and goals.
Nice hearing from ya again!
Hi Litz,
Thanks so much for the input and information. I really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Guys, Where can I find a new 4pk1680 belt in 2020? I've searched stores around me to no avail.
I've heard most have started using a gates fleetrunner micro v 10 rib cut into 2 4 ribs

Reactions: litz and HondaHolly

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
Correct, you gotta buy a 10 rib which you can cut yourself and get 2 belts out of it. The gates one tikey mentioned is green in color, and is industrial strength.

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
any pointers? techniques? I've cut a belt before while it was on my waist and the knife went into my forearm about 3/4in.
I have yet to cut it myself but I have been meaning to. My first one was a gift from Litz, he did a great job trimming it. My second one was cut by the shop I had working on my CRZ and they did a horrible job - the cut they did was all over the place, jagged, dug in too deep in places and I could see the innards of the belt. It was constantly fraying pieces of whatever is inside and I was trimming them cause it would make a ticking sound as it hit the inside of my hood. Eventually I had it replaced with the original black belt and that green belt they cut... it had severed into HALF across half the circumference.
Just don’t compromise the belt’s integrity and don’t cut too close to the inside of the next rib, if that makes sense. I plan to watch some YouTube videos before I try it.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
I just used a pair of really sharp scissors, and took my time. It's been more than two years, and haven't experienced any issues at all.
Yeah, technique and patience is everything. I have a little jig that helps guide it true, but sometime this Winter, I'll build one that's more stable and powered by my drill or something.... If I get it set up right, I'll be able to do a supply and just pass them out at the next Dragon meet; trade a full width belt for two cut to size. :)

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Guys, I cut my belt on a chopping board, with the ribs facing up. Using a sharp knife, push it through the belt and then, keeping the knife steady, pull the belt steadily away from you cutting as it goes. It made a very clean cut for me.

Hope you're all well and still enjoying your Zs!

Sent from my LG-G7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: litz and HondaHolly

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello Litz,
Quick question, is the Sprintex pulley for Honda CRZ only have 4 grooves for the belt?
Because I have a smaller 70mm Sprintex Pulley (still brand new) for Honda Fit Sprintex kit, and it has 5 grooves for the belt, picture below. I wonder if the Honda Fit and Honda CR-Z pulley is the same or not. If the same, I want to offer for sale at CR-Z classified forum. Please kindly help advise. Thanks so much
Below is the picture of the pulley for Honda Fit Sprintex Kit with 5 groves:

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Hello Litz,
Quick question, is the Sprintex pulley for Honda CRZ only have 4 grooves for the belt?
Because I have a smaller 70mm Sprintex Pulley (still brand new) for Honda Fit Sprintex kit, and it has 5 grooves for the belt, picture below. I wonder if the Honda Fit and Honda CR-Z pulley is the same or not. If the same, I want to offer for sale at CR-Z classified forum. Please kindly help advise. Thanks so much
That's interesting--I just assumed the Fit and CR-Z had the same amount of grooves for the belt, but the CR-Z's OEM crankshaft pulley only has 4 grooves. Would be nice to be able to make use of a wider belt.

I went out to the garage to double-check, and realized I do have a part that may be of some interest to someone with a CR-Z who wants that smaller and wider pulley of yours. They could use my light-weight crankshaft pulley, which has five grooves. Then, I guess they'd only have to double-check the # of grooves on the A/C pulley of the CR-Z (I think it's only four, too.) Would be just a matter of sourcing an A/C pulley of the same width to be able to do a wider-belt upgrade. Something I've always pondered, but never got around to checking out....

Here's a pic of the lightweight pulley I was talking about:

·
Registered
194 Posts
That lightweight crankshaft pulley is really nice Litz(y):)
I guess, I can't sell mine to CR-Z owner unless they want to do a lot of modification. Anyway, I want to sell my smaller brand new Sprintex pulley for only $120, just in case someone someday read this post and interested in doing this modification with your crankshaft pulley. Thanks again Litz.

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
Has anyone ever had to rebuild their sprintex? I have owned romiata’s crz and sprintex since late 2017, and his was one of the earliest installed. It’s always made a constant grindy metal gurgling noise, which from what I understand is somewhat normal for a twin screw, but it’s gotten worse over the past year. So I’d like to prevent any failures, seizures, implosions etc. I was thinking of this kit; either sending my sprintex in to jonbond or having my local import shop do the rebuild with this kit:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I’ve been searching the web trying to find a supplier for one of these kits, but with no luck. Can anyone help me ?
thanks Dave

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
Hi I’ve been searching the web trying to find a supplier for one of these kits, but with no luck. Can anyone help me ?
thanks Dave
sprintex stopped making this kit a year or two ago. Any website that says they’re in stock is probably false, because they usually don’t actually stock the product and order it from sprintex, but sprintex isn’t making them...

Your best bet is to contact companies that you see list them online and ask if they can get one. Also you could contact sprintex directly. A woman on facebook last year contacted sprintex and they hobbled together a kit for her. No guarantees though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok t
sprintex stopped making this kit a year or two ago. Any website that says they’re in stock is probably false, because they usually don’t actually stock the product and order it from sprintex, but sprintex isn’t making them...

Your best bet is to contact companies that you see list them online and ask if they can get one. Also you could contact sprintex directly. A woman on facebook last year contacted sprintex and they hobbled together a kit for her. No guarantees though

2501 - 2520 of 2553 Posts