Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

2461 - 2472 of 2472 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
That noise is probably the gears or the twin screws in the blower.
I've got a little film of oil building up around the pulley and belt is starting to squeak, so I think it's time to replace a seal or get a rebuild kit. Still sounds/runs great, but getting tired of wiping the engine bay down and getting oil/grime on my microfiber. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've got a little film of oil building up around the pulley and belt is starting to squeak, so I think it's time to replace a seal or get a rebuild kit. Still sounds/runs great, but getting tired of wiping the engine bay down and getting oil/grime on my microfiber. :)
Send it to Jon Bond and get the oil consumption kit at the same time... Unless you feel comfy with a diy project...

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Send it to Jon Bond and get the oil consumption kit at the same time... Unless you feel comfy with a diy project...
My garage is in such a mess from doing summer projects, and starting on some other little mods on the 6-Speed, that I need to find a clear space to work, haha! Too many diy's going on right now, so I might just send it to them and report back on the experience. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am looking for Sprintex 60mm idler pulley Part# 140-110055
Is there anyone know other part number to purchase from Gates or other bearing brands?
:unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
I think the noise you guys are hearing is the heavier injectors.
I was wondering if your Sprintex is still in the box, or if you've actually installed it yet?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Bought a 2 pk 100 ml syringes to do gear fluid changes on the Sprintex. Now to find a good mini foil pan at the grocery store and I'm ready to do Sprintex fluid changes...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Part 1 of 2 for my Sprintex fluid change kit. It's the smallest baking tin I could get from the grocery store. The second part (syringe) should come in tomorrow. Total was less then about $15. The tin comes with a pack of 5 and a cover for each one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Part 2 of my Sprintex fluid change kit. The syringe has a long rubber like hose that will make getting fluid out of the 1 qt container easy. I might change out the fluid this weekend when I change out my oil just to see what color the fluid is. I've got tons of fluid to spare. If the fluid looks good then I'll do the next fluid change at the dragon meet 2020.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I suppose it's time for my 2 year Sprintex report & review!
As a recap this is my daily driver and I've had the Sprintex installed & tuned for almost 2.5 years now.

The car sees some sort of boost every time I drive and I'm pleased to report that I've had ZERO issues with this setup!

The only "annoyance" I've had is the leaking dipstick since day 1, I'm sure it can be fixed with a different gasket/o-ring but laziness is prevailing.
The boost appears to push a tiny amount of oil past the threads, at least it forces me to keep an eye on the oil level.
Replaced the belt/plugs a couple months ago, both looked perfectly fine. Fluid add/change is easy, just cut a small funnel tip at an angle so it wedges into the fill port nicely.
Not sure how much clutch life I have left but the stock unit is still holding up fine (158000 km)

Low/mid RPM is where this thing excels at, you can defintely feel the power plateauing after 5K.
Off the line is excellent, I've surprised many cars and get random compliments. I do wish the 6MT gearing was a little better for acceleration, especially 2nd.
Fuel economy difference is negligible using Econ on flat ground but any sort of hill can quickly create boost. Sports mode can cause a 15-30% hit but it's so much fun!
I got ~5.5-6.0L/100km before the Sprintex and now anywhere from ~5.8-8.0L/100km, usually around 6.4.

Overall I'm VERY pleased with the Sprintex 😁

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I suppose it's time for my 2 year Sprintex report & review!
As a recap this is my daily driver and I've had the Sprintex installed & tuned for almost 2.5 years now.

The car sees some sort of boost every time I drive and I'm pleased to report that I've had ZERO issues with this setup!

The only "annoyance" I've had is the leaking dipstick since day 1, I'm sure it can be fixed with a different gasket/o-ring but laziness is prevailing.
The boost appears to push a tiny amount of oil past the threads, at least it forces me to keep an eye on the oil level.
Replaced the belt/plugs a couple months ago, both looked perfectly fine. Fluid add/change is easy, just cut a small funnel tip at an angle so it wedges into the fill port nicely.
Not sure how much clutch life I have left but the stock unit is still holding up fine (158000 km)

Low/mid RPM is where this thing excels at, you can defintely feel the power plateauing after 5K.
Off the line is excellent, I've surprised many cars and get random compliments. I do wish the 6MT gearing was a little better for acceleration, especially 2nd.
Fuel economy difference is negligible using Econ on flat ground but any sort of hill can quickly create boost. Sports mode can cause a 15-30% hit but it's so much fun!
I got ~5.5-6.0L/100km before the Sprintx and now anywhere from ~5.8-8.0L/100km, usually around 6.4.

Overall I'm VERY pleased with the Sprintex 😁
how many km did you have when you installed the sprintex?

·
Registered
40 Posts

Used Sprintex for like 3 years.
2 years with only SMT8L, 1 year SMT8L+HONDATA.

Now SMT8L is dead! I decided to remove this SMT8L, using only Hondata to running my Z.
5th injector was really nice, but I cannot run with SMT8L anymore.. I don't want to spend more bucks on this poor ecu.

2461 - 2472 of 2472 Posts