Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

2421 - 2440 of 2501 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
Is there anyone having bearing noise at cold start or rainy weather?
I think its from idle pulley.. but I am not sure...
Nope, not here. Only problem I had was the idle pulley running too close to the belt passing up the other side; had to put a little sim between the idler bracket and the sprintex (was making a claining sound at low RPM.)

Release/remove the belt tension, and see if it that pulley rolls freely, otherwise, check supercharger oil level and/or change it.... You'll get some churping from your belt if you don't cut/slice (when cutting a wider one down to four ribs) cleanly, making sure not to have any extra width hanging off the outer rib.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there anyone installed extra intake temp sensor?
Sprintex has no intercooler, so it would be great if ECU reads the actual hot temp.

Looks like it only works on Hondata MAP based calibration which I am using it.
Link shows put IAT sensor after supercharger.. Looks like its hard to fit them.

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
Is there anyone installed extra intake temp sensor?
Sprintex has no intercooler, so it would be great if ECU reads the actual hot temp.

Looks like it only works on Hondata MAP based calibration which I am using it.
Link shows put IAT sensor after supercharger.. Looks like its hard to fit them.
CRyoZ installed a temp sensor on the Sprintex...

...the only temp sensor I had installed was for coolant temps, but one of these days, I'll be putting in an air temp sensor....

·
Registered
41 Posts
...the only temp sensor I had installed was for coolant temps, but one of these days, I'll be putting in an air temp sensor....
Thank you Litz!! That is excatly I was looking for. Looks like I have to find right NPT 90 degree fitting.. Do you know the fitting size?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Hi All, I just thought I'd drop in and say hello. Nice to see this thread is still going.

Having really liked the Sprintex in my old CR-Z, I've been looking at a supercharger for my BRZ. I did consider the Sprintex but there is still an intercooler problem even for the model with intercooler. It's known to generate a lot of heat, which is something I remember well. It came down to either the Cosworth or Harrop and I've gone for the latter from Australia. Installation is set for 8 Oct. I shall once more have a 'charger in my car!

Keep well. I remember my Z very fondly.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: saintjimmy and litz

·
Registered
16 Posts
hello guys !! my car crz 2011 manual I need help setting up the supercharger sprintex and ktune 1.2 settings files or pictures from a laptop .. fuel cards and basic settings

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
hello guys !! my car crz 2011 manual I need help setting up the supercharger sprintex and ktune 1.2 settings files or pictures from a laptop .. fuel cards and basic settings
Any specific problems setting it up? Though, you might have it running by now. :)

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
hello guys !! my car crz 2011 manual I need help setting up the supercharger sprintex and ktuner 1.2 settings files or pictures from a laptop .. fuel cards and basic settings.. photo !!! help !!! plzzzz

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
hello guys !! my car crz 2011 manual I need help setting up the supercharger sprintex and ktuner 1.2 settings files or pictures from a laptop .. fuel cards and basic settings.. photo !!! help !!! plzzzz
If KTuner, you'll need to get in touch with an authorized dealer who has a dyno... I went to Innovative MotorWorks in PA. (Where are you located?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do not have a dealer. israel. I bought ktuner through ebey. I want to configure it myself .. but I want to see other people's fuel cards
If KTuner, you'll need to get in touch with an authorized dealer who has a dyno... I went to Innovative MotorWorks in PA. (Where are you located?)
I do not have a dealer. israel. I bought a ktuner through ebey. I want to configure it myself .. but I want a photo of the fuel card of other people

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
I do not have a dealer. israel. I bought ktuner through ebey. I want to configure it myself .. but I want to see other people's fuel cards
I'm not sure what options are available on your KTuner, but I had to go to a dealer to get them to add software features I needed for my tune. If it wasn't for the help of the guys at Innovative MotorWorks in Pennsylvania, USA, the KTuner would have been a useless paperweight. You might want to contact them to do an e-tune for you. Mine will have options that yours won't have, so it may not help you much, but I can look at my settings when I get time this weekend...don't know exactly what you mean by "fuel cards."

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm going to talk to the shop tomorrow about getting on the schedule to have the Sprintex installed and tuned... I'll be sure to post the Dyno results when they are done. Looking for 160-175 wheel HP with a tune.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sprintex install scheduled for Monday Nov 4. They should be done and tuned by Wed of that week. Sadly I won't be there when they dyno the Z but I'll be sure to get a printout of the Dyno results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure what options are available on your KTuner, but I had to go to a dealer to get them to add software features I needed for my tune. If it wasn't for the help of the guys at Innovative MotorWorks in Pennsylvania, USA, the KTuner would have been a useless paperweight. You might want to contact them to do an e-tune for you. Mine will have options that yours won't have, so it may not help you much, but I can look at my settings when I get time this weekend...don't know exactly what you mean by "fuel cards."
Thank you very much ... it’s enough for me if you take photos of your settings on a laptop on a phone .. in the program ktune

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
Thank you very much ... it’s enough for me if you take photos of your settings on a laptop on a phone .. in the program ktune
I'll see what I can do, but I won't have time until the end of the week or weekend. Stay tuned <no pun intended.> :)

2421 - 2440 of 2501 Posts