·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've encountered two rattles thus far. I have a USDM CR-Z.

One is a loud rattle from the folding partition when it is folded flat. When folded up, it doesn't rattle.

I have another rattle that is more persistent and annoying as I haven't found a fix. It seems to be a tinny rattle coming from the passenger side of the back portion of the cargo area. Originally I thought it was the cargo cover, but when I removed it for a test drive, the rattle/buzz continued. I haven't found a fix for this one.

Both noises are dependent upon road conditions. I don't hear them on smooth roads at low speeds.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - have a look here Cargo Area Rattle I think some people worked out what it was - and how to fix it.
Thanks. I'll give the bump stops on the hatch a twirl.

If anyone has ideas on source of noise on the heavy folding partition, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have noticed a little rattle / vibration and luckily I narrowed it down to the cover over the steering wheel itself, with the nice H emblem on it made of plastic. If I tape on the top area in various spots I can reproduce the noise and if I slightly lift the top edge (which houses the horn and airbag) it does not make the noise. It's intermittent, but I can hear it on and off throughout most rides. Anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've noticed a rattle coming from the dash/wheel/somewhere right in front of me and it's getting on my nerves. Seems to happen when the car is cold and then fade away when the car warms up. My ear hears it near the left side air vent but I guess it could be anywhere around there. I've been tapping around and pushing the dash pieces attempting to pinpoint it with no luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I believe the key factor in these "rattles" is the temperature. I only notice my passenger door rattle after driving the CR-Z for a while in sub-zero temperatures. It's noticeable even at idle but never at start-up in a heated garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I didn't see this thread before I posted in the General Discussion area. I've had a rattle that I noticed from the day I got my car. It took me awhile to figure out where it's coming from, but yesterday I discovered it was the rear view mirror. It's definitely the mirror itself, not anything to do with the mount. Sounds like there are loose pieces inside of the mirror enclosure. Warranty should cover it and I'll be bringing it into the dealership to have it taken care of.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Dash Rattle that Wasn't

Here's one for the knowledge base:

Just today, I heard what sounded like a loose screw rattling around in the dash near the radio. Checked for loose things in the cubbies, touched the dash (tried not to pound on it!). No insight. It was very annoying. Then I realized it stopped when I used the wipers. Long story short - it was not in the dash, but rather the passenger side wiper insert had slid down the wiper arm (toward the pivot), and the metal keepers on the top of that arm were tapping on the glass.

I don't know why it came loose, or why it would migrate down the window, but sliding the blade back into the keepers fixed it. Problem solved! And saved a trip to the dealer (and lots of embarrassment).

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Did anyone else click on this thread cuz they dont have their glasses on and thought it said The Battle Thread?

I know I did...I want to see a battle now :'(

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Tada Thread Revive!!!! I got a rattle!

Passenger's side.

It's between two points, where the cargo cover connects to the plasitc trim, the metal "hook" the divider clips to. I've never taken the trim out, maybe the previous owner did? It sounds like a panel clip broke and the plastic piece is hitting the metal hole.

I kinda have to remove the entire back to pull the panel off so I'll have to wait till the weekend...

I've tried... flipping the divider back to hold the plastic down, putting the cargo cover in different positions, pulling out the tail light cover and shoving a ton of foam in the area, and propping things up to push the pastic in place.

I notice the rattle at low speeds (2-30mph) and goes away on soft pavement and high speeds. It's extremely annoying and volume at 25 will not remedy it, that with my mid-woofers whining, nothing is right!

So far other threads haven't helped... (or maybe I didn't look hard enough). I hope when I fix it, it may help someone!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I've got a rattle on both sides of the car right where the dash meets both a-pillars about at the tweeter location.
I've heard that on mine before on the passenger's side, doesn't happen often, but it does happen... Too lazy to try to fix it...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.