Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using cars.com as a nationwide sampling of the available CRZs sitting on dealers lots right now, I have calculated the percentages of CRz in each color/transmission/trim.

This list is not 100% complete, but is based on a sampling of about half the CRZs siting on the lots. Right now there are few if any red CRzs, so the percentages are based on just 4 of the 5 US colors and does not differentiate between EX and EX navi cars.

Transmissions
CVT. 79%
Manuals. 21%

Trim
EX. 83%
Base. 17%

Colors
Silver. 43%
Black. 34%
White. 13%
Blue. 11%

Color/Transmission/Trim
Silver/CVT/EX. 38.3%
Black/CVT/EX. 15.1%
Black/6MT/EX. 11.5%
White/CVT/EX. 7.5%
Blue/CVT/EX. 6.4%
Black/CVT/Base. 5.7%
Silver/CVT/Base. 3.1%
White/CVT/Base. 2.5%
White/6MT/EX. 2.3%
Black/6MT/Base. 2.3%
Blue/6MT/ EX. 2.0%
Blue/CVT/Base. 1.5%
Silver/6MT/EX. 1.5%
White/6MT/Base. 0.9%
Blue/6MT/Base. 0.6%
Silver/6MT/ Base. 0.1%

More than half of all CRz are Black or silver CVTs and more than 60% of all manual transmission CRZs are Black.

Finding a base manual transmission car in any color but black is a very difficult, but not impossible, task

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow! I feel incredibly lucky that a local dealer took the time to hunt down a Blue/6MT/Base with no options added for me. It's a rare beast indeed :thumbup:

BTW: You have to take the cars.com info with a grain of salt (or at least drop the availability of the Blue/6MT/Base down a bit) as cars.com is showing the very car I'm driving as still for sale. I can guarantee that Jay Lee's Honda of Sumner Washington does not have VIN *000630 on their lot anymore ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Using cars.com as a nationwide sampling of the available CRZs sitting on dealers lots right now, I have calculated the percentages of CRz in each color/transmission/trim.

(snip ... as it's in full just above.)
Great work, TCroly!! Looks like I'm in a 2.3% slot with a white/6MT/EX.

Did you make note of how many CR-Zs are out there on lots - of the ones you surveyed?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you make note of how many CR-Zs are out there on lots - of the ones you surveyed?
The statistics are based on 1177 cars listed on cars.com.

It is only a guesstimate, but I think cars.com has about half the nationwide inventory
listed.

autotrader.com lists another 1260 cars and some of these are the same as those on cars.com. And there are many dealers who list on neither site. The highest serial numbers seen in the listing so far is around 3850, if we assume about 1600 to 2000 cars have sold so far, that means there are about 1850 to 2250 cars sitting on lots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.