Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Acura is poised to start manufacturing the next NSX. Yesterday a concept was launched at the Detroit auto show. It looks like Honda is taking the fundamental idea they used for the CR-Z: Sport Hybrid. It will have a mid engine V6, 3 electric motors (1 for the rear wheels, 2 for the front wheels), and the SH-AWD system from the TL, MDX, and RL. It was also announced that this NSX would be manufactured in Ohio. Sadly, they say it will take them 3 years to put it into market. But maybe by then we will all be rich enough to buy one!

[wiki=http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/acura-nsx-concept-detroit-2012/][/wiki]

[wiki=http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/why-is-the-acura-nsx-being-built-in-ohio/][/wiki]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only two replys? Seems like not many Z driver are interested in this future sportscar.
In my opinion the first NSX looks better, but the hybrid technology in the new NSX is really interesting.

Also the LED technology from Acura looks really great:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Maybe this is Acura's response to the BMW i8?
Not necessary. The i8 is intended to be a plug-in hybrid and rely a lot on electric power, the NSX is not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What a beautiful car - unfortunately, concepts are (almost) always toned down before the car is released. The CR-Z concept, for example, looked like this:

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Well, maybe the AREN'T getting closer after all…

Globe & Mail Drive article

It seems that, when you have a 4 year wait between announcement of the production model and its promised delivery date, the rest of the industry moves on.

What was originally planned as having the Ferrari F-458 in its sights, now has to deal with the Speciale and the new F-488. Significantly higher output, as Ferrari (and Porsche, among others) have decided that forced induction is the way to go.

So, Honda appears to have had to revise the entire power plant from a transversely mounted, naturally aspirated 60 degree V6, to a twin turbo 75 degree V6 mounted longitudinally. That, along with the transmission and the rest of the hybrid drive system, must have taken a massive engineering effort. And time. What was supposed to arrive this fall as a 2016, appears to be delayed to a 2017 model year car making its appearance in spring or summer of next year.

The good new is, the prize is 500HP and the reviews are still amazing.
2017 Acura NSX First Drive Review

Now, didn't Honda have a CEO who fell on his sword about a year ago for failing to meet production deadlines? Now this, with their halo car. What's that you say: "clean up on aisle 6"???

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the new Supra. Although there's little chance it can stand out from the masses the way the '84 did.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I wish it didn't have that damned Acura pentagram nose. No matter what they do, that shape just comes out ugly.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
I wish it didn't have that damned Acura pentagram nose. No matter what they do, that shape just comes out ugly.
Well, they have to keep up with the Jonses, er, Lexuses in the butt-ugly-beak department!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts