Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I got a new record of 4.9L/100km doing some city driving (got caught with only a few redlights) for 30 km of driving.

I was pleasantly surprised ECON was that economic.
I guess that gibberish must mean something to someone. I fear you may be in more peoples' way than a Prius.

Still, good numbers. And yes, it's amazing the effect of just a little more speed- If I stay at 55, I can easily do 40MPG on level ground. But god, it takes so long.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I found The Speed Bump and I average between 33 and 38 MPG per tank with me just commuting to work. I did find some variability between the Mid, Scan Gauge II and the Garmin Nuvi 65 all of which are reset every time I get Gas. I have the car set to reset trip Odometer A on fill up. I should hand calculate from my log book and see which of the 3 is closest.

I know long post with no hints.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Just for info, today on part of my semi-often tour, I was behind traffic on the stretch of State Route 12 between Rio Vista and Lodi. It's a pretty flat, twenty-mile stretch across a drained and farmed part of the Delta. Since the traffic was slow, and I had no one behind me, I checked the mileage readout in the nav for the run. Fairly strong, almost direct tail wind around 15mph. The computer said I was doing 50.1mpg by the time I got to Lodi.
When there's no traffic (I'm usually on that road very late at night), I tend to run 75~80 across there, and get about 34mpg.

Speed swills. Gasoline.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The best I got was 50 mpg but my avg is about 38 mpg but I would get better if it wasnt for my lead foot, but its impossible to not "have fun" where I live 99 percent of the roads I drive are twisty mountain backroads
But I feel 38 avg mpg backroad driving is very good especially in the mountains, I almost never use the interstate
On trips, however, I avg about 42 mpg

Econ where I live isnt usable
Normal is what I stay in most of the time its also where I get my best mpg
Sport Im rarely in unless Im mountain sprinting, with the mods Ive done normal mode has opened up quite a bit, I dont notice much difference in sport anymore except its far more peppy in sport but wot is the same, also when Im in sport I spin my tires all the way through 2nd gear so its hard to launch, its funny however I have damn good UHP tires so its truly amazing the amount of low end torque

·
Registered
580 Posts
The best I got was 50 mpg but my avg is about 38 mpg but I would get better if it wasnt for my lead foot, but its impossible to not "have fun" where I live 99 percent of the roads I drive are twisty mountain backroads

But I feel 38 avg mpg backroad driving is very good especially in the mountains, I almost never use the interstate

On trips, however, I avg about 42 mpg

Econ where I live isnt usable

Normal is what I stay in most of the time its also where I get my best mpg

Sport Im rarely in unless Im mountain sprinting, with the mods Ive done normal mode has opened up quite a bit, I dont notice much difference in sport anymore except its far more peppy in sport but wot is the same, also when Im in sport I spin my tires all the way through 2nd gear so its hard to launch, its funny however I have damn good UHP tires so its truly amazing the amount of low end torque

Same figure here. I got 50mpg on a one way trip with perfect traffic condition and I was drafting behind semis lol other than that, I carry one passenger to work with AC on and average 37-38mpg

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I knew the 6MT had way more potential than the CVT equipped CR-Z...

No matter which transmission it depends on your terrain and driving skills. I have always gotten higher than most MPG on any car I have ever owned. It comes down to planning and being gentle with the Gas pedal and using whatever tools the car has to help.:nerd:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heck im in uk so our gallons are 4.75 litres i think and i average 38-41 on motorway i get 48-50 if im being super careful and cruise control on at 65mph in normal as eco is so pathetic it uses more fuel to get up hills etc than sport or normal i never use eco i dont know if aerodynamics of bodykit and wider 17 inch wheels make that much difference but no way i could ever avg the 56.3 mpg honda claims for the sport , gt gets about 2 mpg less according to honda but has anyone noticed a difference after changing wheels etc ?or is my car just in need of a tune up lol?

·
Registered
8 Posts
the one and only time i reset my milage was last week after filling to the neck £42 of fuel which got me 252 miles before i refilled with 16 miles of fuel left showing in the tank on fill up car showed 305 miles of fuel in the tank ,i had a 170hp diesel before this which averaged 62 mpg on my 100 mile round trip commute to work hybrid fuel savers ,my ass haha but i love the look and handling of the wee z but not good for the spine hard as hell!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
No matter which transmission it depends on your terrain and driving skills. I have always gotten higher than most MPG on any car I have ever owned. It comes down to planning and being gentle with the Gas pedal and using whatever tools the car has to help.:nerd:
Yes, you always mention that when you pull up to where we were waiting for you to re-join us. At least it gives me time to finish my beer before having to get back in the car and worry about spilling on the upholstery.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
the one and only time i reset my milage was last week after filling to the neck £42 of fuel .....
I don't know if you have it over there (and you don't deserve it, since you got the roof-windows), but we have an option in the Minder menu that will auto-reset one of your trip odometers to 0 when you refuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not hypermiler and I don't even try to save gas cause I only do like 6-7k miles a year.
But I get 42+ econ mode in heavy bumper to bumper traffic on Chicago expressways. 45+ if traffic isn't super bad and parts of it are clear.
I use normal mode in city streets and pretty much always drive like an animal and get 32+
I never use sport mode, I honestly don't like the pedal response so I can't give any numbers there.
This is in a '15 manual.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
The last few tanks I have been able to keep the display in the upper 45's till I get to fill up. So far on this tank, I parked this evening at 47.5 showing. I know those numbers are off. But there is no way I could get to 50 MPG per tank.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Sure if recently reset and driven 1/10th of a mile. I get the the same thing on The Scan Gauge II on the Instantaneous MPG while coasting. B on The Speed Bump is never reset ( resets itself every 10K miles or when dealer Screws up and resets all). A auto resets every fuel fill. At least the way I have my settings.

I'll just leave this here....

161 - 180 of 198 Posts